Inventory Specialist - Sunday to Thursday 11.30 am - 7.30 pm
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/30/2016
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW STATEMENT
Responsibilities include a comprehensive knowledge of the role of Perioperative Materials Management in supporting the materials needs of the MGH Operating Room. Scope of judgment involves decision making to carry out the goals of the department within the areas of Inventory Control and Cost Containment. The Inventory Specialist function is to ensure surgical inventory availability across the full range of surgical services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Communicates all issues relating to order status back to clinical leaders
2. Responsible for working on a daily basis with the Perioperative Materials Manager to ensure coordination, integrity, and stability of the OR Inventory as it relates to adding new items, deleting items, product increases, volume increases, product substitutions and backorders etc.
3. Provides customer service support to end users and staff members regarding product location, delivery and returns.
4. Check in product orders from Receiving verifying receipts against requests. Report discrepancies to manager.
5. Continuously keep inventory holding areas well-stocked and tidy, with product arranged for easy identification by users.
6. Assess inventory levels of Operating Room supply storage areas and place stock and non-stock orders to hospital vendors as needed, according to established par levels.
7. Maintain profile carts and par levels.
8. Stock products using FIFO (First In, First Out-rotational) procedure to avoid stockpiling and ensure sterility of product.
9. On a periodic basis and as requested, inspect products for expiration date and package integrity to ensure sterility.
10. Maintain overall tidiness, cleanliness and good order in supply locations, put-away items not properly shelved.
11. Is responsible for collaborating in the creation, implementation, and annual review of department Inventory and Procedure Manual.
12. Will submit reports and research as required to assist the Perioperative Materials Manager
13. Participates in internal department management meetings and will be responsible to gather facts, present documentation or perform other tasks related to the development of procedures or programs relating to inventory.
14. Responsible for overseeing the storage and distribution of non-stock and stock inventory entering the department in order to avoid stock piling or stock-outs and to ensure the sterility of products when required.
15. Responsible for overseeing the storage and distribution of inventory entering the department in a manner which ensures a tidy, clean and safe environment.
16. Will participate in the departmental quality control program.
17. Communicates on a daily basis to the OR Materials Manager regarding back ordered supplies.
18. Responsible for effective and efficient resolution of backorders, whether by alternative sourcing or product substitution in collaboration with clinical leaders.
19. Is responsible for maintaining a thorough understanding of the hospital Inventory Management System
High School diploma required.
One to three years direct experience in Inventory Control or the equivalent as determined by the Department Head.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to work well under stress.
Good interpersonal relation skills.
Ability to set priorities for job responsibilities, the ability to delegate responsibility.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/JOB CONDITIONS
The job involves a large amount of time spent walking and standing. The job also involves routine lifting of heavy objects up to 40 lbs.
Pushing and pulling of pallets and carts is required.
Exposure to the overall Operating Room environment is a requirement. Entering an Operating Room while a procedure is in progress is required.
A strict dress code and professional appearance including wearing surgical scrubs is required.
Occasional rotation to off-shifts
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.