Inventory Support Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONInventory Support Representative
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications: This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role's country only. K-C will not provide relocation support for this role.
Inventory Support Representative
Location: Jenks Mill, OK
Summary of Position:
Assist in maintenance of Stores Item Master and in the identification of excess, duplicate, or obsolete inventory and contribute to overall control of the Stores inventory investment. Process work orders and stock shelves as needed.
Assist with daily receiving when necessary and provide back-up receiving when primary receiver is out.
Acquire freight quotes and provide shipping support for spare parts and equipment, research and development, projects, vendor equipment and Hazardous materials.
Customers and Customer Expectations:
Customers include Maintenance, Engineering, Operations and Administrative Associates. Expectations are that Stores supplies quality parts and materials when they are needed while minimizing the company's investment in Stores inventory.
The incumbent reports to the Finance Manager and receives direction from the Stores Supervisor. Major scope of the position is to perform the various Stores activities required to maintain item master accuracy, control the inventory investment and provide shipping support for the mill. Excellent customer service skills are required.
* High school diploma and minimum of 2 years of experience in inventory control (cycle counting, etc.) or Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain
* Strong Excel skills
* DOT CFR 49 Hazardous Materials transportation certification (will attend training)
* SAP proficiency in Receiving, Stores/Purchasing system
* Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines and be customer service oriented
* SAFETY - Support implementation of the loss control improvement process by compliance with critical safety rules. Visibly demonstrate that safety is a value by following safety procedures, maintaining a safe workplace and complying with safety rules. Develop equipment, processes and products that meet safety codes, policies, and guidelines. Actively participate in achieving organization and personal safety objectives. Follow the Safety Roles & Responsibilities Matrix by holding yourself and all team members accountable to its tenets.
2. WORLD CLASS MANUFACTURING - Ensure the communication, implementation, and promotion of World Class Manufacturing. Support and model the 7 Values, Manufacturing Foundations, and 9 Accountabilities.
3. DIVERSITY - Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
4. Process Material Requests and extend materials to mill.
5. Process pick lists for planned and unscheduled work orders and reservations to cost center to maintain inventory balances and ensure availability of material to support operations.
6. Process and administer SAP Vendor Notifications, Material Return Disposition and Delivery Notes.
7. Help to ensure inventory accuracy. Investigate, document, and resolve inventory discrepancies for interim bins and pick lists, as needed.
8. Perform various stores system activities as required to maintain accurate item identification information and eliminate duplicate, obsolete, and replaced items.
9. Track and maintain vendor stocking and consignment programs. Identify opportunities and assist in the implementation of new programs that will improve materials availability and will reduce inventory value and costs.
10. Perform miscellaneous collateral duties including transportation support, Acquire Freight quotes, HAZMAT receipts/shipments and back up receiving position.
11. Ensure Stores area is well maintained and housekeeping meets facility standards.
12. Communicate fully with Engineering, Maintenance, and Operations Associates and others who have a need to know.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position
Primary Location USA-OK-Jenks
Worker Type Employee
Worker Sub-Type Regular
Time Type Full time