This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
VWR International, Inc
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Technician is responsible for carrying out routine tasks at a customer site, all of which may include: receiving, point of use replenishment (inventory), production packaging, cylinder delivery, pickup, waste disposal and glass washing. Must be cognizant of and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures and regulatory requirements.
* Facilitates orders for consumable lab inventory replenishment
* Receives inbound shipments from UPS, FedEx, and other common carriers
* Responsible for handling hazardous material
* Manages customer s warehouse inventory
* Handles and manages chemicals
* Maintains and checks safety stations
* Basic shipping duties
* May require traveling between customer sites
* Updating and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures
* Perform other duties as assigned
Experience & Skills:
* Conform to all customer requirements for background checks, health and safety issues, security clearances
* Strong communication skills
* Excellent Customer Service Skills; display a professional can-do attitude
* Perform duties with the highest regard for safety and quality
* Ability to understand and follow site protocols, policies and procedures
* Must be flexible, forward- thinking, motivated, and have the ability to act independently
* Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
* Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office with proficiency in Word and Excel
* Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
* Problem-solving skills
* High school diploma or GED required or equivalent experience
* 1+ years experience in material handling/inventory replenishment or customer service
* Spill containment training, IATA, DOT, IMDG and OSHA Right to Know a plus
* Previous experience working in a GMP facility a plus
* Knowledge of scientific products and services
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
The work environment characteristics and physical effort described here are representative of those an
associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Typically works in an office, stockroom, or warehousing environment with adequate lighting and
ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level
The associate is required to stand and walk for the majority of the working day. The physical
requirements of the job are for associates to talk, hear, bend/stoop, squat, crawl, climb height, reach
above shoulder height, crouch, kneel, balance, and push/pull. Furthermore, the job requires associates
to lift/carry/push or pull up to 50 pounds with or without assistance.
Associates use both hands for repetitive actions such as grasping and manipulating as well as both feet
for repetitive movement operating foots controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is the leading, global, independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers. With sales in excess of $4.3 billion in 2015, VWR enables science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR has cultivated a value proposition delivering product choice, operational excellence and differentiated services to improve our customers' productivity from research to production. VWR's differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 9,300 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
VWR s differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 8,500 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed.
We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit jobs.vwr.com.
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com