- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
The VMI Technician is responsible for carrying out basic tasks at a customer site or multiple customer sites in a region. All of which can include but not limited to, inventory management, purchasing, shipping, receiving, chemical tracking, storeroom tracking, product delivery and general customer service. The VMI Technician requires knowledge and application of VWR and routine customer systems. Reporting and customer interaction is typically of a routine nature.
* Facilitates orders for consumable lab inventory replenishment; enters orders into computer systems, Web, etc.
* Receives inbound shipments from UPS, Fed-ex, and other common carriers.
* Responsible for handling hazardous material and preparing shipping documentation and packaging requirements.
* Resolves all shipping errors.
* Manages customer s warehouse inventory including delivery product replenishment (may require driving between facilities to deliver product).
* Performs additional inventory management related functions such as monitoring slow moving and dead stock, conduct cycle counting and yearly inventories, and reporting, etc.
* Performs shipping coordination activities such as shipping customer material (including hazardous materials), answering customer calls, handling routine issues, operating a hand-jack and forklift, entering relevant shipping information into the customer computer system, and maintaining inspections on safety stations and equipment. Responsible for handling hazardous material and preparing shipping documentation and packaging requirements.
* Interfaces directly with customer POC, responsible for managing consigned, non-consigned, customer owned and 3rd party inventory onsite at the customer location.
* Supports multiple customers in a geographic area.
* Utilizes VWR and basic customer computer systems (ESS,Citrix, Info Access, Intranet, StockTracker, ChemSW, and customer specific ERP systems as well as customer specific shipping systems ) in fulfillment of job duties.
* Meets goals and objectives: safety, performance and quality.
* Documents SPI Requests.
Experience & Skills:
* Conform to all customer requirements for background checks, health and safety issues, security clearances and medical checkups.
* Knowledge of Information Access and System ESS; intermediate computer skills including
* Microsoft Office with proficiency in Word and Excel
* Solid understanding and experience in either shipping, inventory, or purchasing
* Excellent Customer Service Skills; displays a professional can do attitude
* High regard for safety, quality and adherence to protocols, policies and procedures
* Ability to self-manage and self-motivate; forward thinking
* Ability to prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
* Knowledge of VWR s products and services
* Ability to communicate effectively with both the customer and internal contacts
* Must be able to lift 50lbs minimum
* High school diploma or GED required
* 2 -4 years equivalent experience in material handling/inventory replenishment or customer service
* Spill containment training, IATA, DOT, IMDG and OSHA Right to Know a plus
* Cross referencing and inside sales experience a plus
* Valid Driver s License and transportation
* Forklift certification a plus
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* The work environment characteristics and physical effort described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
* Typically works in an office, stockroom, or warehousing environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level
* Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
* A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
* Some physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that may weigh up to 50lbs
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is the leading, global, independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers. With sales in excess of $4.3 billion in 2015, VWR enables science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR has cultivated a value proposition delivering product choice, operational excellence and differentiated services to improve our customers' productivity from research to production. VWR's differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 9,300 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
VWR s differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 8,500 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed.
We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit jobs.vwr.com .
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com .