Investigative Due Diligence Associate
BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Litigation Associate is responsible for researching and assessing data for the investigative due diligence practice.
- Collects information on companies, individuals and other topics from a wide range of online and print information resources.
- Demonstrates understanding and use of resources, including:
* Media sources e.g., Lexis/Nexis, Bloomberg, US and international resources accessible through the Web that are not available via data aggregators
* Records of criminal, civil and regulatory proceedings. Use one-stop products such as Search Systems and Nexis Public Records, but also web-accessible official records from official, authoritative sources
* Records of corporations, partnerships and other business entities including knowledge of special reporting requirements in the major states (Delaware, New York, Texas, Florida, etc.)
- Assesses information if:
* Pertains to the correct targets rather than to different but similarly-named targets ( false positives )
* Is complete and from the most up-to-date and authoritative source available
* Comes from a source whose authority or reliability may be suspect
* Is internally consistent by seeking corroboration from other known facts and identifying gaps, anomalies, inconsistencies and contradictions
- Digests information to remove duplication and provides user-friendly results with minimum of raw data
- Other duties as required
- Bachelors degree required
- Bachelors degree in Library Sciences, Journalism, Criminal Justice, Paralegal Studies, Political Science, English or Liberal Arts preferred
- Experience performing background research preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel required
- Knowledge of commercial databases such as Westlaw, Lexis, TLO and Pacer preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and basic research skills related to the retrieval and organization of high volumes of information
- Solid organizational skills especially ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently or within a group environment
- Proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm
BDO USA, LLP is an EO employer M/F/Veteran/Disability
Usual corporate benefits.