Investigative Producer 9/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY INVESTIGATIVE PRODUCER
Requisition ID: 28707BR
Location: Woodbury, New York
Position Type: Full Time
A leading national telecommunications, media and entertainment company, Altice USA delivers residential and business services to more than 4.6 million total customers across 20 states. Our 18,000 employees have an unwavering commitment to customers and to providing quality products and outstanding service.
Our philosophy is built around our commitment to our employees, community and customers. We are committed to providing employees with opportunities for growth and development, as well as an environment where your ideas will help us drive our business and create a more meaningful employee experience.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 Networks is looking for an Investigative Producer to generate story ideas, research and produce compelling investigative content for broadcast and digital media. The Investigative Producer will work with Newsday investigative staff and News 12 reporters to facilitate cutting edge investigative stories, conduct interviews, gather information, obtain footage, write and copy edit broadcast scripts, arrange for graphics, supervise editing sessions and perform other functions as necessary. The Investigative Producer will train reporters across the network on investigative reporting and ensure that all content meets standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
* Associates or Bachelor s degree in Journalism or Communications preferred, Master s degree is a plus
* A minimum of five years full-time professional TV news producing and/or reporting. Experience with print and multi-media greatly preferred.
* Strong investigative skills and excellent newswriting ability.
* Proven background in developing, researching and vetting ideas that lead to accurate stories with impact.
* Knowledge of IRE/NICAR best practices and media law is preferred.
* Good command of social media, web search, use of databases and other state-of-the-art news gathering techniques.
* Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, leadership, communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills.
* Expert in investigative journalism with ability to coach and train others.
* Must be excellent team player .
* Ability to innovate and problem-solve.
* Ability to juggle multiple projects while meeting all deadlines.
* Flexible to work varying shifts to fit demands of projects.s.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace..