Investigator, Office for Equal Opportunity Prgms.
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
The University of Chicago
Campus - Hyde Park, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Investigator, Office for Equal Opportunity Programs is a full-time staff position reporting to the Associate Provost & Director of the Office for Equal Opportunity Programs. The Investigator, Office for Equal Opportunity Programs will have primary responsibility for investigating complaints of discrimination, unlawful harassment, and sexual misconduct made against faculty, other academic appointees (OAA), postdoctoral researchers, and staff.
- Conduct intake meetings with and provide information to students, faculty, OAA, postdoctoral researchers, and staff who may have experienced discrimination, unlawful harassment, or sexual misconduct.
- Independently and impartially investigate reports of violations of the University's Policy on Harassment, Discrimination, and Sexual Misconduct where a faculty member, OAA, postdoctoral researchers, or staff is the accused, including interviewing complainants, respondents, witnesses, and others, and identifying and collecting other relevant materials and data.
- Strategically and sensitively ask appropriate questions during interviews to gather information about alleged incidents of discrimination, unlawful harassment, or sexual misconduct.
- Prepare comprehensive written reports of information obtained during an investigation, including summaries of witness interviews and other evidence gathered, findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Assist in maintaining a database related to reports of discrimination, unlawful harassment, and sexual misconduct made against faculty, OAA, postdoctoral researchers, and staff and develop reports, assess trends, and identify areas of concern.
- Provide training and outreach on discrimination, unlawful harassment, and sexual misconduct to members of the University community.
- Assist with the review of policies and procedures related to discrimination, unlawful harassment, and sexual misconduct to ensure compliance with the law and alignment with best practices in higher education.
- Complete other projects as assigned..
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity / Disabled / Veterans Employer.
Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process may contact Human Resources by calling 773-834-1841 or by emailing email@example.com with their request.