Investment Accountant 9/5/2016
New Haven, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are assisting our client with a search for an Investment Account.
The Investment Account will maintain the Bloomberg system to ensure trades flow electronically through the system without errors eventually being populated into 3rd party vendor investment accounting system. Also maintains the PAM for Mortgages system. Responsible for reconciling daily cash activity between custodian bank reports (Treasury Edge) and Clearwater Investment Accounting system. Performs monthly account reconciliations along with preparing and maintaining various control reports associated with the Investment Accounting operations.
* Maintains effective controls for monitoring Straight-Through-Processing of investment securities from Bloomberg system into Clearwater Investment Accounting system. Interacts with brokers and agent banks to ensure clearance if a problem arises with a trade.
* Manages the investment securities guidelines of the Order. Updates guidelines when necessary in Bloomberg.
* Maintains the PAM for Mortgages system and performs the necessary daily requirements. Reconciles on a monthly basis, mortgage activity to general ledger.
* Maintains cash daily between the Clearwater Analytics system and general ledger.
* Prepares daily cash report for Treasury. Each month, reconciles assets within the Clearwater Investment Accounting system/Bloomberg/ and those held at the Custodian banks.
* Reconciles monthly pension account to outside custodian records.
* Tests and documents results for Pam for Mortgage system upgrades. Other related duties related to the Accounting Department.
EDUCATION:BS in Accounting.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years insurance industry experience or equivalent combination of training and experience.