Investment Analyst 9/14/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Auto Req ID
Analyst Real Estate Investments, Asset Management
Spaulding & Slye Investments | Boston, MA
Spaulding & Slye Investments ( SSI ), the principal investment arm of JLL, is seeking an experienced financial analyst to join its growing real estate investment team as an Analyst. The initial and primary role is to provide analytical support to the asset & portfolio management team, primarily in downtown Boston, but also in Washington, DC, to perform and maintain asset and portfolio valuations, assist asset managers on overall management of the asset including business plan preparation, reporting, cash flows, preparation of materials for sale/financing and assist in investor reporting to ownership, JV partners and investors. Secondarily, the role is to support the broader investment and portfolio/asset management teams in both Washington and Boston on a wide range of acquisition, asset and portfolio management, research and special projects. The successful candidate will likely have 3-5 years of real estate modeling and valuation experience and be highly proficient with Excel and ARGUS. S/he would bring strong analytical, writing and communication skills, and a high energy can do attitude conducive to a fast-paced team environment.
On behalf of senior employees of JLL and select third-party co-investors, SSI makes investments in the primary property sectors in major markets across the United States. It then executes intensive asset management and value-creating programs. SSI is a small group within a larger national and global organization. We emphasize long-term career development by working in highly collaborative and supportive teams, working on multiple projects simultaneously, and developing a broad range of skills and experience to allow exceptional performers to become effective team leaders. In addition to exceptional core analytical and investment skills, maturity, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to forge mutually beneficial and deep partnerships are key attributes we seek and reward.
Spaulding & Slye Investments is an operating unit within JLL (NYSE:JLL), a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. The firm offers integrated services delivered by expert teams worldwide to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying or investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
* A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
* World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
* #1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
* Perform annual valuation reviews utilizing ARGUS software, working with asset management team leaders to determine key assumptions and scenarios, interpreting relevant market data, and calculating complex JV waterfall returns using Excel.
* Assist asset managers with asset level responsibilities including business plan preparation, rent analysis, client/vendor/landlord relationship management, resolution of rent and other tenant issues, reviewing annual landlord reconciliation statements and calculations to ensure accuracy and lease compliance, tracking and maintaining critical dates and financial analysis, review of real estate taxes
* Assist in sales/refinancing processes including review of cash flows and materials prepared by appropriate brokers, assembling financial due diligence materials, maintenance of due diligence checklists and coordination of distribution of information in highly time-sensitive sales or refinancing due diligence processes.
* Assist portfolio management team in updating and maintaining investor reporting system and asset/portfolio level returns
* Assist asset and portfolio management teams in preparation of quarterly reporting to ownership, JV partners and investors
* Assist in preparation of ownership recommendations and participate in ownership meetings/calls
* Abstract and interpret commercial lease documents (leases, amendments, subleases)
* Review of market data including leasing statistics and trends and tracking lease comparables and sales comparables
Education and experience
* 3-5 years of real estate modeling and valuation experience
* Bachelor s Degree in business, finance, economics or related field preferred
* MBA optional but not required.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
* Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel and ARGUS
* Ability to efficiently analyze and synthesize qualitative and quantitative information
* Demonstrated interest and experience in commercial real estate with strong experience in financial analysis (required) and exposure to real estate operations (encouraged).
* Must be detail-oriented
* Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to work both independently and collaboratively
* Ability to multi-task, work successfully under pressure and effectively manage time and workload
* Must be energetic and enthusiastic, proactive and creative
* High proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word software required (in addition to Excel and Argus)
* A desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at http://www.us.jll.com/united-states/en-us/pages/careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job 43885BR
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property