This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
UNITED AMERICAN INSUARANCE
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
TORCHMARK CORPORATION is pleased to announce it has an opening for a FINANCIAL ANALYST.
* OUR MISSION is to help working class families achieve financial protection from adverse circumstances. We help families preserve their dreams - their home, an education for their children, a financial legacy.
* OUR VERY EXISTENCE IS BASED ON ONE THING: TRUST. In everything we do, we strive to act in accordance with the highest standards of ethics and integrity. We endeavor to make prudent decisions to advance the long-term interests of our policyholders, our employees, our field representatives and our shareholders. We work to have a positive effect within the communities we serve through financial support and hands-on participation.
* OUR EMPLOYEES ARE VITAL TO OUR SUCCESS. We provide a stable company, promote honesty and integrity, provide advancement opportunities and support community service.
The Financial Analyst position supports and contributes to certain activities undertaken in the investment department, including investment portfolio analytics, financial projections, cash management, liquidity management, management reporting, risk based capital management and middle office administration. Candidates should be knowledgeable about cash management and financial markets, particularly fixed income securities.
* Develop and monitor analytical tools to provide critical information for short term cash and liquidity management.
* Continuously monitor, analyze and forecast cash flows and produce reports critical to managing the commercial paper program, timing and amount of intercompany cash flows, and cash available for long term investments.
* Develop analytics and reports to communicate results with management.
* Produce investment related medium and long term financial projections. Projections include expected cash flow available for investment, cash flow from investments, investment income, future values of the investment portfolio, etc. The projections will facilitate financial planning and analysis, investment strategy and decisions, strategic and capital planning, asset liability management, etc.
* Portfolio analytics
* Develop reports to analyze, quantify and monitor the fixed income portfolio. Produce reports used to monitor risk such as ALM, credit/default risk, call risk, reinvestment risk, interest rate risk, sector exposures, concentration risk, regulatory limits Basic VBA a
* Ability to analyze large quantities of information efficiently and effectively.
* Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
* Knowledge of general fixed income and risk concepts
* Detail-oriented, with strong analytical and reasoning skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
* Self-motivated, passion for learning, desire to learn about investments.