Investment Associate - Business Development
Investment Associate -Business Development
This position is designed mainly to support the growing business development (BD)
Activities of the U.S. organization. In addition, some commercial analytic tasks pertaining
to optimizing existing assets will be necessary. Tasks will include market research,
modeling, asset valuation and asset optimization.
The B/D team is responsible for achieving investment goals as outlined by the parent
company. Generally, this calls for successful investment in and management of
generating assets in deregulated U.S. power markets as well as partnering with U.S. and
Canadian IPP businesses to achieve these objectives. USA marketing material strategic plan calls for around $3 billion of investment in international energy business through 2020.
- Provide valuations of new business opportunities to support screening, ranking and prioritization by the business development team. This will include support of nonbinding indicative bidding process for new opportunities, due diligence tasks and report to visual materials to the Management Team.
- Track and document known plant acquisitions for use in developing comparable
transactions data base.
- Assist the B/D team in development and refinement of B/D investment criteria
- Maintain forward power and gas price forecasts based on available third party
information and market information platforms.
- Perform analysis of hedging strategies to support decision making for risk management
and profit maximization.
- Evaluate licensed energy models to determine procurement of the product for internal
- Periodic margin tracking and forecasting for the Company's assets under its control.
- Watch regulation change, industrial trend and power business movement
by being flexible in work assignments; by covering for other Staff as needed; and by
accomplishing related tasks when requested.
Maintains Professional and Technical Knowledge
by attaining job-related certification; by keeping up on industry trends; and by
applying that knowledge to the job.
Improves Processes by examining departmental work processes, research procedures, administrative procedures, etc.; and by recommending changes where appropriate.
Upholds Work Standards by maintaining professional conduct and appearance; by realizing one's own limitations and seeking assistance when needed; and by using established
- Working knowledge of energy futures markets especially natural gas and power
- Basic technical understanding of power plant design, operations and commercial products.
- Financial or energy modelling, either excel based or use of licensed models used for
energy asset valuation.
- Knowledge of important industry participants and industry structure.
- Working knowledge and experience using commodity transaction and analytic platforms
such as Intercontinental Exchange (ICE), NYMEX, Bloomberg or similar products
- Familiarity with energy trading organization and operation.
PLEASE FORWARD RESUME AS A WORD DOC.