Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc - New York, NY
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Mercer is the global leader for trusted Human Resources and related financial advice, products and services. In our work with clients, we make a positive impact on the world every day. We do this by enhancing the financial and retirement security, health, productivity and employment relationships of the global workforce. Mercer has more than 19,000 employees serving clients in over 180 cities and 40 countries and territories worldwide. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas, love solving problems and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the hundreds of job opportunities available through Mercer. Our core strengths in consulting, outsourcing and investments place Mercer in a unique position to help our clients achieve the extraordinary - and extraordinary results require extraordinary people. Mercer is an operating unit of Marsh & McLennan Companies.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a leading global professional services firm with roots dating back to 1871. We employ over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries with annual revenue exceeding $11 billion. Marsh & McLennan Companies is the parent company of a number of the world's leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including: Marsh, our insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, our risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, our provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, our management consultancy.
The Investment Consultant is responsible for working with other consultants to develop and deliver customized solutions for institutional clients, such as sponsors and trustees of pension funds, endowments and other institutional asset pools by performing analysis, clarifying data and reporting using Mercer's proprietary tools. To fulfill this role, the Consultant will:
- Critically analyze different investment markets, managers' investment styles and portfolio characteristics and evaluate their impact on investment performance each quarter and produce accurate and detailed client reports through analysis of client-specific investment data in support of their consulting colleagues
- Communicate with investment managers and custodians to gather and/or clarify client-specific data for reporting; closely examine and monitor developments at investment management firms and notify clients of critical issues in an accurate and timely manner; attend and participate in quarterly client meetings
- Play an important role in investment manager searches, investment structure reviews, mutual fund selection, asset allocation studies, new business presentations and other investment-related activities
- A bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics or other business-related areas with strong quantitative and analytical course content
- Three years of investment or project management related work experience
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work well in a highly collaborative team environment
- Superior analytical, project management, and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple priorities and work in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment
- High-level attention to detail and an understanding of its application to the bigger picture
- Eagerness to learn and keep up to date with the investment industry and market conditions
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Good technical skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Interest in pursuing a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or MBA degree
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.