Investor Accounting Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 5/24/2017
Mount Laurel, NJ
Lead a team of Investor Accountants who are responsible for compliance reviews, managing loss mitigation workout receivables (Short Sales, Modification Contributions, Forbearance and Repayment programs), repurchase requests (GNMA Short Sales), reconciliation and reporting of workouts to investor, systemic updates Mortgage Servicing Platform (MSP) for modifications and managing outsource vendors. Develop and execute business plans and cost per loan goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Assess performance of individual members of the team. Provide timely feedback for favorable performance and contributions (i.e. recognition) as well as appropriate coaching/counseling for unfavorable performance
* Support employee career development by providing employees with opportunities to develop their knowledge, skill and abilities and conducting candid career conversations.
* Support staffing (perpetuate the team) through candidate evaluations, conducting interviews and collaborating on staffing decisions
* Resolve conflicts that arise between employees and/or customers
* Establish priorities, delegate work and hold self and team accountable for attaining high quality results
* Ensure policies and procedures are adhered to
* Plan the operation and workflow for the Loss Mitigation function to ensure objectives are met
* Organize the team, the production of the work, training and resources needed to accomplish desired and required outcomes to meet objectives
* Provide employees with enough guidance, direction, leadership and support to ensure they are able to accomplish their objectives
* Monitor the plan to ensure it is being carried out in a manner that assures objectives are met
* Review and assess the success of the plan, the allocation of the employees and resources and whether objectives were met
* Initiate improvement projects, identify new ideas and delegate responsibility for identifying and developing new ideas to others
* Allocate available resources appropriately
* Establish investor header for all new servicing contracts
* Perform quality reviews to ensure key characteristics impacting revenue and reporting requirements are in accordance with contractual terms
* Perform quality reviews to ensure service fee attributes are accurate
* Coordinate with internal and external auditors in connection with SOX and REGAB testing impacting Investor Accounting
* Review the Loss Mitigation Bank Account to identify and transfer workout proceeds to investor custodial accounts in accordance with Servicing Guidelines
* Daily reporting to Agency Portals (HSSN, WP2) for Short Sale Proceeds
* Weekly reporting to Agency Portals (HSSN, WP2) for PRE BITB Final HAMP Modifications
* Perform monthly reconciliation of all retention and workouts to Agency Reporting to ensure proper credit and incentive received.
* Follow-up and resolve reconciling items identified from workout reconciliation.
* Prepare weekly reconciliation of receivables due PHH in connection with Claims processing and prepare root cause analysis to eliminate any impact to PHH recognizing incentive receivables
* Develop monthly dashboard reporting inclusive of trends, cycle time and productivity
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
* Bachelor s degree in finance/accounting plus four (4) years of experience as an Investor Accountant or a High School diploma or equivalent plus seven (7) years of experience in mortgage servicing investor accounting with at least four (4) of those years functioning as an Investor Accountant required.
* Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a leadership capacity required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Analytical, with an ability to identify and resolve problems
* Well organized, paying close attention to detail
* Ability to manage multiple priorities in a timely manner
* Ability to meet the needs of internal and external customers by delivering high quality service
* Rapidly adapts to changing information, conditions and/or unexpected obstacles
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Operates effectively in a team environment as well as independently
* Ability to:
o evaluate oneself realistically
o perform effectively during stressful situations
o perform in ambiguous situations
o react objectively rather than subjectively to achieve company goals
o jump in, figure things out and add value
TRAINING / LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
* Must pass PHH Corporation s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
* Behaves as a Leadership Role Model
* Builds Strong Working Relationships
* Drives and Delivers Exceptional Results
* Customer/External Focus
* Builds and Motivates a High Performing Team
* Proficient with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, etc.)
TRAVEL / WORK SCHEDULE
* 8:30 am 5:00 pm M-F
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
The requirements and the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHH is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.