Invoice Auditor 9/2/2016
MRC Global Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title
About the Organization
MRC Global is the largest global distributor, based on sales, of pipe, valves, and fittings (PVF) and related products and services to the energy industry and supplies these products and services across each of the upstream, midstream and downstream sectors.
Under immediate supervision of the Invoice Auditing Department Head, the Invoice Auditor is responsible for verifying and entering invoice information into the MRC Global specific software concerning purchase orders and vendor invoices that will result in the timely and accurate payment of checks to vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (not all inclusive)
* Individual must be able to perform the essential duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Enter vendor invoices into MRC Global specific software to ensure pricing and receiving of inventory and accurate payment terms; must meet minimal requirements (as to speed and accuracy parameters) set by Invoice Auditing Department Head;
* Match vendor invoices with checks to ensure correct payment of the invoices; conducted at regular intervals during the month;
* Handle discrepancies that are involved with vendor invoices by conducting extensive research into discrepancy;
* Take phone calls, e-mail, and faxes and answer questions from vendors and co-workers, inside and outside of the department, regarding invoice payments;
* Decision-making on whether to adjust invoices; an example would be the handling of freight;
* Follow-up with branches to resolve specific discrepancies;
* Handle confidential information related to the cost from vendor and subsequent resale to the customer;
* Date stamp and sort supplier invoices based on net terms and discount terms. Delivering special supplier invoices to assigned invoice auditors;
* Responsible for sorting and date stamping the mail each day;
* Other departmental duties or projects as assigned;
* Take reasonable care for the safety and health of yourself and others; report workplace hazards, injuries, or illness immediately.
Education, Experience & Ability Requirements
* Any combination of requirements, which provide knowledge and abilities necessary to perform essential duties and responsibilities, will be considered.
* High school diploma or GED (general education degree)
* Six months of accounts payable or comparable accounting experience and/or training, and one year of keyboard training and/or experience.
* Strong PC skills with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access, and familiarity with Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
* Demonstrate ability to multitask job duties to achieve on-time requirements; strong reasoning and reading skills to interpret vendor invoices and to recognize and correct discrepancies;
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word, and the MRC Global specific software system; excellent 10-key (accurate & efficient) and telephone skills;
* Self-motivated, strong organizational and time management skills; attention to detail and good decision making skills necessary; establish working rapport with vendors, customers, branch employees, and other corporate employees.
* Must have the ability to provide documentation verifying legal work status;
* Ability to read and speak the English language proficiently in order to communicate with others, understand and interpret safety instructions, and to respond to inquiries;
* Ability to understand and comply with MRC Global guidelines and expectations, to include Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest guidelines.
For position-specific details regarding the physical and mental demands and working conditions, contact Human Resources. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform essential functions.
Accounting & Finance
835 Hillcrest Drive
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently not accepting applications.
To search for an open position, please go to http://MRCGlobal.appone.com