JAVA Architect 9/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PURPOSE and Job Description:
Online Warranty Link (OWL) system architect, responsible for setting system architectural standards, design and coding standards, SQL coding standards, root cause analysis with application, interfaces, databases.
* Set and enforce system design and architecture standards, providing mentorship to developers on best practices and standards.
* Work closely with application developers performing final code review for all application changes and work estimates.
* Proficient in Software Development Life Cycle and methodologies
* Assess application performance through all system tiers, and propose, design, implement metric backed changes.
* Design and implement database layer in DB2 and provide guidance to development team members.
* Coordinate with internal teams both on site and remote (Portland, Or, USA & India), able to attend calls during non-standard business hours with remote team.
* Use Rational Team Concert (RTC).
* Status reporting spanning multiple levels of leadership.
*7+ years experience in Java and J2EE technologies.
* Excellent verbal/written communication & presentation skills, working with a broad set of technology stakeholders (DBAs, developers, testers, BSAs, web service administrators, build team, systems teams, network teams).
*5+ years experience in relational databases (DB2), SQL query optimization and tuning.
* Mastery of OOD, design patterns, and data structures.
*Experience testing and troubleshooting with multiple web browsers (IE11, Edge, Chrome, Safari)
*Experience with web services (microservices, WSDL, XSD, XML, REST, JSON, SOA).
* Proven experience working with IBM Web Sphere, Weblogic application servers and Jetty, Apache Tomcat web servers.
*Experience working with Siteminder integration and LDAP.
*Experience with MQ message queues.
*Experience with Rational Team Concert (RTC)
*Experience identifying and solving the root cause of complex problems.
* Self-motivated, detail-oriented and strong analytical/problem solving skills
* Familiarity with Ant build scripting
About us. Syntel is a leading global provider of digital transformation, IT and knowledge process outsourcing services. Founded in 1980 and listed on NASDAQ, we deliver high-value Digital and SMAC solutions, managed DevOps and IT infrastructure services, technology strategy and consulting, and enterprise-class business solutions to Global 2000 clients. With 2014 revenues of more than $910 Million and 24,000+ associates across the globe, we partner with leading corporations in the banking & financial services, insurance, healthcare, life sciences, retail, logistics and manufacturing industries. We deploy industry and technology-focused Centers of Excellence and a flexible Global Delivery Model to build collaborative client partnerships and deliver solutions that drive innovation, improve quality and reduce costs for our clients.
Syntel has more than 30locations worldwide, including four U.S. development centers (Phoenix, Nashville, Memphis and Baltimore) and regional offices across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.