JPSS Flight Vehicle Simulator Operator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
The JPSS Flight Vehicle Simulator Operator will perform the followings duties:
* Maintain and coordinate simulator schedules with Operations Users.
* Verify daily operational baseline to verify readiness.
* Maintain simulator Usage Statistics.
* Track and trend Work Requests (WRs), Discrepancy Reports (DRs) and their Metrics.
* Generate documents such as Test Scripts, Anomaly Injection Scripts, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
* Perform HW/SW and Database Regression Tests.
* Maintain Inventory and Version HW/SW configuration and maintain discrepancy lists.
* Support spacecraft launch mission rehearsals.
* Perform minor troubleshooting and analysis of issues requiring potential reset of simulator.
* Write weekly reports.
* Perform minor system admin duties such as backups of user data, verifying security patch updates, and tracking licenses.
* Perform preventive HW maintenance.
* Develop Training Modules and Certification Tests.
* At least 2 - 5 years of experience in a technology environment experience with NASA/NOAA Space system is strongly desired.
* Experience with scripting languages such as Python, STOL, Perl or programing languages such as as JAVA or C++ is desired.
* Ability to work in team environment and provide leadership skills.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Support off-hours as scheduled (on-site and on call).
* Positive & Enthusiastic.
* 4-year technical degree.
SGT is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/m/f/disabled/veteran.