JPSS Ground Project DPES Systems Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
As a member of the Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) Ground Project Data Products Engineering and Services (DPES) team, the incumbent will be a member of the System Engineering Integration and Test (SEI&T) team that supports the Government Resources for Algorithm Verification, Independent Test and Evaluation (GRAVITE) system and the Field Terminal Support (FTS) system. The GRAVITE provides near-line support to in-line operational algorithm software, science team information technology support for calibration and validation of the operational algorithm software, and quality monitoring of the operational algorithm software production.
The Systems Engineer will support the entire product life cycle from requirements development through integration and test activities. They will develop strategies for integration of the system into the development and test facility and into the operational system that are highly schedule efficient and minimize risk. Responsibilities include specification development/update, test planning, procedure development, test monitoring and reporting.
Summary of responsibilities (including but not limited to):
* Work with users to capture use cases and develop new requirements
* Development of concepts of operations, functional requirements specifications, and interface specifications.
* Develop test and integration plans, present at project reviews, test plans should include both nominal and non-nominal scenarios
* Plan tests and schedule all resources required for supporting the test
* Develop test procedures
* Maintain configuration control of all test items
* Develop content and present at Test Readiness Reviews and After Test Reporting
* Develop scripts that will automate testing
* Execute test procedures and collect artifacts
* Generate and manage to closure discrepancy reports
* Develop Final Test reports
Must have the following skills:
* Experience in requirements development and integration/test of ground systems. This experience should include requirements development, requirements analysis, and verification focused on test planning and execution in an operational or near-operational environment.
* Be familiar with Unix
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and understanding of communications protocols is required.
Other Desired Skills:
* Experience with NASA policies and procedures regarding project lifecycles and systems engineering.
* Experience with database tools, requirements management and system architecture tools.
* Experience with the NASA communications networks
* Experience with testing methodologies and test planning
* Knowledge of space data handling standards, including CCSDS
* V&V experience
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent. Minimum of 5 years of related experience in systems engineering and developing test plans and procedures.
SGT is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/m/f/disabled/veteran.