Janitorial Assistant - Hospital Hill (Part-Time days)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the pri mary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best pos sible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, team work and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC s tagline is: Better. For Everyone. It is a simple state ment, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
The Janitorial Assistant is an entry level position that performs general cleaning duties to include sweeping, mopping, dusting, polishing and scrubbing. Generally maintains hallways, work areas, restrooms, and break rooms. And will be responsible for stocking paper products in restrooms and break rooms. The Janitorial Assistant will work within a team to learn to complete various janitorial duties and will be supervised, through job coaching, throughout the shift. The Janitorial Assistant will be in training to build skills, adjusting to real work expectations, time management, and establishing a work history. Responsibilities will require the Janitorial Assistant to interact with customers in a courteous and helpful manner.
1. High School diploma or the equivalent
2. Ability to communicate effectively with staff, patients and visitors.
3. Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs on a consistent basis sometimes additional weight on an infrequent basis.
4. Ability to read and understand labeling directions on various cleaning chemicals in order to know contents and first aid instructions.
5. Ability to provide own transportation to and from work.
6. Must be significantly disabled (diagnosed as having a significant disability that impedes him/her from other employment opportunities).
1. Experience in a health care environment
10:00AM - 2:00PM