Java Application Developer 8/17/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JAVA APPLICATION DEVELOPER
1 YEAR + CONTRACT
PLEASE READ POSITION DESCRIPTION CAREFULLY
CLIENT WILL INTERVIEW ON PHONE SCREEN AND SKYPE OR WEBEX.
NEED EXPERIENCE IN JAVA, JBOSS, AIX ENVIRONMENT.
MUST KNOW HOW JBOSS WORKS AND BE ABLE TO UPGRADE IT.
MUST HAVE JSSE ( JAVA SECURE SOCKET EXTENSION) EXPERIENCE.
ORACLE AND PL/SQL EXPERIENCE IS ALSO PREFERRED.
MAJOR PURPOSE OF JOB:
To provide customer support for application of BI solutions including design, coding, testing and documentation reviews ensuring standards and quality are met; able to work independently or in a team setting; assist in the development of task lists, and execute technical activities under the direction of a Project Manager.
Perform system upgrades under the direction of a Project Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Work on system upgrade including JBoss upgrade.
* Respond to information requests from business managers to provide data for and/or the results of data analysis.
* Analyze, Investigate, and provide resolution of data integrity and validation issues.
* Analyze, Investigate, and provide resolution of end-user ed ad hoc query and standard issues
* Assist end-users in their efforts to use the Portfolio applications to meet their business requirements
* Develop new s or add functionalities to Energy Accounting and Data warehouse applications to meet stakeholder business requirements
* Assist business users in defining new functional and data requirements that would enhance the existing s.
* Support implementation of new functional and data requirements by working as an integrated member of the implementation and test teams.
* Minimum of 5 years' administering JBoss application server under AIX environment and performing JBoss upgrade.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience programming in Java EE, C and C++ languages under AIX environment along with JSP, Java Servlet and Korn shell scripting.
* Experience in socket programming using JSSE and SSL/
TLS for secure data exchange.* Experience in development and administration of Internet applications. Excellent knowledge of JQuery and/or other Rich Internet application development frameworks.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in PL/SQL programing using Oracle databases 11g and higher.
* Knowledge and experience in SOA, web services required.
* Experience in writing complex queries, including creation and use of views, materialized views and data import function.
* Strong problem solving skills.
* Experience in and knowledge of AIX VIOS administration and Oracle Database administration preferred.
* Experience in using SQL server 2008 or higher Database.
* Experience in .Net environment is preferred.
* Any experience in administering Oracle 9iAS and upgrade from oracle 9iAS to Weblogic.is preferred.
* Minimum of 3 years' experience supporting real-time critical applications.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Uses effective techniques to manage time.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent. An advanced degree is preferred.