Java Architect 9/15/2016
Sapient Government Services (US)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SAPIENT GOVERNMENT SERVICES, INC.
Sapient Government Services (SGS) is looking for people who simply put are driven to make a difference.
By solving some of todays toughest challenges, our teams are helping to transform the government in the areas of business, technology and marketing. Working at SGS, you will be in an environment that fosters growth and creativity, demands openness and client-focused delivery, and celebrates initiative and innovation.
The chance to bring your ideas and new thinking to todays challenges and work in a truly unique work environment is now its at Sapient Government Services.
JOB TITLE Java architect
JOB TITLE: Manager Technology REPORTS TO: Program Manager
LOCATION: Arlington, VA, Rockville, MD
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Full-time
START DATE: Immediately
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Public Trust
The Manager, Technology will oversee the development, design, user interface, technology integration, and application architecture management. Additionally, this role will be responsible for managing technology teams from definition phase through implementation, as well as contribute to the sales cycle.
The architect will be responsible for defining the architecture, managing the development teams, validating designs, supporting estimations, adhering to project development processes and best practices around agile project management and delivery, implementing parts of the system architecture using best practices, working with clients and stakeholders to understand the requirements and how they will be implemented and managing team members. This will include project management, architectural reviews, code reviews, design reviews, coding, unit testing, using design patterns, learning new technologies, and becoming an expert in one part of the system.
* Responsible for defining, maintaining, and supporting the architecture
* Responsible for design, development, and team leadership over the project
* Work in an Agile methodology, supporting the various project teams developing and maintaining the program
* Develop conceptual and technical design including use of Service Oriented Architecture
* Use deep understanding of Object-oriented (OO) design principles to architect and create custom software solutions or modify package solutions
* Translate the clients business requirements into systems design and document them
* Work with the client's IT organization to ensure compliance with IT guidelines and polices
* Work with system owners, business owners, technical teams, and functional teams to deliver software solutions
* Responsible for leading and managing overall technical operations of the application
* Establish high, mid and micro level plans and set technical direction for a large team
* Lead the estimation effort for projects and work to identify and manage risk
* Mentor team members
* Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required meeting quality / time to market imperatives.
* Provide 3rd level support of software solution as needed.
* Share best practices and improve processes within
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident
* Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance.
* Minimum 7 years in systems integration and development, package implementation, and/or interactive design
* Minimum 3 years design and architecture experience with major Java technologies, such as Spring and Hibernate
* Experience in design, development, & production support for at least one project using Services Oriented Architecture (SOA)
* Experience with Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
* Experience with workflow and document management solutions is desired
* Experience with migrating to cloud environment like AWS is desired
* Demonstrates ability to do technical design and develop using Java technologies and SOA
* Experience with supporting federal security requirements for enterprise applications
* Strong leadership and communication skills to effectively manage client accounts and multi-task teams.
* Solid understanding of all parts of Software Engineering (e.g. Requirements, Design, Implementation, Testing) and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
* Experience successfully delivering a solution using an agile or iterative SDLC
* Experience with Object Oriented Technologies
* Ability to work and coordinate with key owners and stakeholders
* Proven leadership skills to independently manage a team of work with 15-25 people, during various phases of the project lifecycle
* Understanding of patterns and techniques such as Microservices, Domain Driven Design, Test Driven Design among others.
* Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and DevOps is desired.
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field required
ABOUT SAPIENT GOVERNMENT SERVICES
Sapient Government Services, part of Publicis.Sapient, is a leading provider of consulting, technology, and marketing services to a wide array of U.S. governmental agencies. Focused on driving long-term change and transforming the citizen experience, we use technology to help agencies become more accessible and transparent. With a track record of delivering mission-critical solutions and the ability to leverage commercial best practices, we serve as trusted advisors to government agencies such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Library of Congress, National Institutes of Health, United States Department of Health and Human Services, and United States Department of Homeland Security. For more information, visit http://www.sapientgov.com.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS WILL BE MADE AS NECESSARY FOR THE KNOWN PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY OF AN OTHERWISE QUALIFIED APPLICANT OR EMPLOYEE UNLESS DOING SO WOULD IMPOSE AN UNDUE HARDSHIP ON THE OPERATION OF THE COMPANYS BUSINESS.
SAPIENT US IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS TO SAPIENT US WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS.