Java Developer 8/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are looking for JAVA DEVELOPER for our client in BOSTON, MA
JOB TITLE: JAVA DEVELOPER
JOB LOCATION: BOSTON, MA
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
* The Junior Application Developer reports to the Application Manager who reports to the IT Program Manager.
* The Junior Application Developer works as part of a development and support team on producing new functionalities and providing support around the clients internal platform.it is used for the surveillance and case management of reportable diseases in the BIDLS (Bureau of Infectious Diseases and Lab Services). The position requires carrying a pager in rotation with the other 4 developers and occasionally be available after hours.
* Support the platform to ensure the operational availability of the application as well as upgrades and enhancements.
* Support the data flows from the Health Information Reporting Portal, (formerly D1) into the application . The Health Information Reporting Portal is a web-based application that provides electronic laboratory and case reporting via user mapping interface and message translation tool
* Occasional support of TeleForm data flows (Form Reader Application).
* Develop new and enhance existing functionalities in Maven using the Admin Console, SQL, JAVA, and other technologies.
* Provide reporting engine tool support.
* Create and maintain scripts and plans for automated testing with Selenium, Jenkins and other tools as needed
* Perform automated and manual testing (Unit testing, ADA testing, performance testing)
* Collaborate with epidemiologists and informaticians in developing and evaluating concise requirements.
* Translate business requirements into technical solutions.
* Maintain and update documentation as necessary based on new features and system releases. Requirements Document, SystemArchitecture Document, Release Management Guide, Test Plan, Test Scripts and others.
* Maintain professional interaction with internal & external teams, management, other organization service units, and with end users.
* Ensure adherence and compliance to department policies, guidelines and objectives.
* 2+ years developing enterprise solutions in a managed development environment with Java, J2EE, SQL, XML or on similar platforms.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Management or equivalent work experience.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to work well within a team and project environment.
* Familiar with SDLC, requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, testing, implementation & deployment.
* Understanding of project management and software development lifecycle methodologies.
* In depth familiarity with HL7, CDA and other health-related data standards and architecture
* Experience working with test automation tools like LoadRunner, Selenium, Jenkins
* Rapid Application Development on Maven platform.
* Familiar with SCRUM and AGILE methodologies
* Familiar with SOAP
* Frameworks: Spring, Hibernate and JSF. Unix, Linux, J2EE patterns and standards, Service Oriented Architecture. Weblogic, Tomcat, JBoss, Oracle 10g/11g
* Experience with Web Accessibility and Web Security Vulnerabilities.
* Experience maintaining operational confidentiality of sensitive information.
* Experience working in a Healthcare environment