Java Developer - CPM Alpha 9/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
SEI Investments is a premier provider of back-office investment processing services to private banks, registered investment advisors and money managers. SEI is developing a fully integrated, enterprise application and operating platform to provide the foundation for these service offerings (the Platform). Built around a single framework for operations and technology, the Platform will allow SEI to:
* Offer common services that are standardized, automated and leveraged across multiple markets
* Produce scale and efficiency benefits
* Meet or exceed service quality standards
* Support a wide range of value-added business services across markets
* Migrate clients on legacy systems to the new BSP-business services
* Assemble and offer services and solutions that meet disparate market needs on a global basis.
In doing so, the new processing platform will enable SEI to access and enter new markets in a low cost, flexible manner and enable the extension of our existing technology services into a fully outsourced processing service in the US and global markets
Provide hands on technical expertise during the scoping, design and development phases besides providing support during the implementation & deployment stages.
Specific responsibilities by delivery phase
Scoping / Define Phase:
* Participates in scope review / high level estimating sessions
* Drives the logical grouping of scope items from technical implementation standpoint.
* Participates in collaborative design sessions with business leads, BAs, QA resources and architect(s).
* Schedules / manages design review process for technical designs
* Ensures that the application is designed to meet the performance requirements
* Responsible for actually coding complex technical functions to meet business requirements and scalability targets.
* Responsible for coordinating and driving code review process for new and modified code
* Responsible for carrying out PE testing and tuning on the developed to meet scalability targets
* Responsible for achieving delivery milestones once project plan is agreed upon.
* Responsible for identifying and escalating all issues that impede progress of delivery - resources constraints, requirement gaps, technical issues, etc.
Implementation and Testing cycles:
* Responsible for Unit testing and driving Unit test approach
* Responsible for test tool development
* Participates in and / or manages the labeling, build and validation process for each release.
* Works with QA resource(s) to address issues arising during component, integration and system test cycles.
* Coordinates troubleshooting and interaction with technical clients for addressing design and code-related issues.
* Coordinate daily code delivery and installation across all environments (Dev, IT, and QA).
* Establish and drive process to lower the number of build related failures
* Candidates should have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Science and a minimum of 5 years of application development experience in the investment management domain preferred.
* Hands-on coding experience in multiple skill areas: Java, JEE, PL/SQL and Web technologies.
* Extensive experience in designing and implementing object-oriented solutions utilizing recognized design and architecture patterns, solid understanding of data structures and algorithms.
* Strong JAVA, J2EE skills (EJB, JPA, Servlets, JSP, JSTL, JDBC, JMS, SOAP and Web Services) with hands on programming experience in WebLogic, JDBC and Oracle PL/SQL.
* Solid grasp of software development lifecycle best-practices, methods, and conventions, including but not limited to Test Driven Development, Source Code Management, Continuous Integration, Domain Driven Design, and Dependency Management.
* Deep understanding of performance topics such as memory management/utilization, threading, and transaction management and actual real life implementation of these concepts to achieve scalability targets.
* Must have a proven track record of developing and performance tuning complex enterprise applications to support massive volumes of information.
* Strong knowledge and experience of professional coding practices, documentation and unit testing methodology.
* Demonstrated desire and ability to lead, mentor and develop more junior resources is required.
* Excellent verbal and written communication is essential.
* Ability to work comfortably with a wide range of people and skill sets, including architects, project managers, analysts, designers and developers
* Candidates with exposure to developing applications for supporting portfolio management, investment strategy, asset allocation and automated (both non tax managed / tax managed) rebalancing will be preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the work environment may require an individual to move around the office and from building to building which may expose the individual to weather conditions outside. The individual has to be able to sit or be stationary at a computer and use computers for extended periods of time and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in the environment is moderate and the individual must be able to communicate and exchange information with people in person and over the telephone and email.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.