This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Eden Prairie, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION: JAVA DEVELOPER
POSITION TYPE: RIGHT TO HIRE
LOCATION: EDEN PRAIRIE, MN
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY!!!
"REST, JAVA, Agile and healthcare background a plus
JSP, SQL, DB, Intellij IDEA would be a plus"
* Designs, codes, tests, debug, and documents software, and enhance existing components to ensure that software meets business needs
* Contribute to the design and architecture to enable secure, scalable, and maintainable software and should be able to clearly articulate the implications of design/architectural decisions, issues and plans to technology leadership
* Develop reusable patterns and encourage innovation that will enable team velocity
* Collaborate on the design with other team members and product owners, both inside and outside the scrum team
* Estimate engineering work effort for engineering team and effectively identify and prioritize the high impact tasks
* Conduct design and code reviews to ensure code developed meets coding best practices guidelines, unit testing, security, and scalability and maintainability guidelines
* Drive a quality mindset within the team
* Initial focus will be on building data migration via API and core application enhancements in support of migration
* Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
* Independent/go-getter attitude to keep yourself well-versed with new evolving technologies in application development landscape and be able to define how some of them can help in improving the work you are a part of now or in future
* Experience with all aspects of web application development
* Experience with data integration and data migration, APIs
* BS Degree in Computer Science or related experience
* 2+ years Java/J2EE experience
* Hands-on experience with Java EE or spring framework
* Experience of one or more ORM technologies (like Hibernate, JPA, or similar)
* Demonstrated success in software engineering best practices
* Experience with automated unit testing technologies (Such as JUnit, Spock, or similar)
* Good understanding of SQL, relational database modeling and design
* Experience with commercial software development and/or healthcare industry experience
* Sound understanding of core OOPS as well as JEE Design patterns as well as their implementation in real world applications
* Experience with Agile Methodology
* Experience with XML/JSON and developing SOAP and REST services using Apache CXF or a comparable framework.
* Experience with Java Messaging
* Strong experience in projects requiring application re-engineering, modernization
* Experience with Maven
* Experience with Groovy