This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTITLE: SOFTWARE ENGINEER
DURATION: FULL TIME
LOCATION: CHICAGO, IL
SKILL SET :
* Exhibits elementary language knowledge proficiency; Writes application modules and unit tests with guidance.
* Applies basic tools knowledge to maintain designs to reflect modifications.
* Exhibits elementary knowledge of database SQL, including basic database modeling and tuning.
* Develops unit test with minimal guidance.
* Helps with code optimization based on delegated tasks. Participates in code reviews and helps with environment build deployments; Corrects identified defects and issues and finds own bugs.
* Considers the importance of industry standards/best practices while working (little exposure).
A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline is required; or equivalent combination of education and relevant proven work experience that is required for the specific job level.
Typically 1 - 2 years experience in software development. Financial services industry experience preferred.
* Additional expertise requirements
o Languages desired - Java, C++, familiarity with memory management and threading models
o Platform - Linux, preferably RedHat
o Configuration management - Maven, Bamboo, GIT, Nexus
o Familiarity with testing frameworks like Cucumber is desired