This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
NTT Data Inc
At NTT DATA, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our company s growth and market presence. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA and for the people who work here.
A group company within NTT DATA currently seeks a Java Developer to join our team in Jacksonville, FL.
POSITION FUNCTIONS OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
This role will provide maintenance/support and enhancement of the client's QuickQuote application.
The client has an existing application called QuickQuote. This web application enables users to perform various self-serve functions such as spot-pricing, spot order entry, load status tracking, and documentation retrieval. QuickQuote is integrated with the Pegasus v5 transportation management system (TMS). We are looking for a candidate who can maintain/support this application and also do enhancements to the application.
Java Developer Job Responsibilities:
Creates user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Java based components and interfaces.
Java Developer Job Duties:
* Defines site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
* Designs and develops user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
* Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
* Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
* Creates multimedia applications by using authoring tools.
* Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
* Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
* Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Java Developer Skills and Qualifications:
* 5+ years experience with Java
* Java Applets
* Web Programming Skills
* Verbal Communication
* Web User Interface Design
* Software Requirements
* Software Development Process
* Object-Oriented Design (OOD)
* Multimedia Content Development
* Software Debugging
Note: JSF and PrimeFaces experience is desired
5 years of Java/J2EE experience
This is a full-time salaried position with a group company within NTT DATA. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors will NOT be considered. This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA
NTT DATA is your Innovation Partner anywhere around the world. With business operations in more than 35 countries, we put emphasis on long-term commitment and combine global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services from consulting, system development, business process and IT outsourcing to cloud-based solutions.
Visit www.nttdata.com/americas to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.