Java Developer 9/3/2016
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION, REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE:
* Perform product analysis and development tasks of increasingly complex nature which may require extensive research and analysis.
* Work independently in the development, testing, implementation and maintenance of complex systems with fast turn-around.
* Provide detailed analysis of problems, prepare detailed design documents with recommendations.
* Apply innovation, creativity and improvement to development process and implement process and procedural improvements.
* Stay current with technology and industry best practices to ensure proper utilization of these in software development.
* Work on multiple projects utilizing and leading global/offshore teams.
* Provide adequate and proactive support for various applications.
* 4 year degree in Computer Science or related experience
* Able to interpret business requirements and programming specifications to write Java programs that solve business needs.
* Significant exposure to and demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of programming and analysis, including design factors, software requirements, systems facilities, and execution protocols.
* Experience with Architecture design of multi-tiered client/server applications.
* Must be well organized and self-motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision.
* Strong verbal/written communication skills.
* Ability to work with others in a team environment.
* Ability to work on aggressive schedules. May require work beyond normal hours (weekends or evenings).
* Ability to lead and influence other developers onshore as well as offshore.
* Must haves:
o 5+ years of experience working with Java UI / Desktop UI and relevant technologies. ******UI experience is very important.*****
o *******Experience with Java 7 and Java 8 language construct and features.
o *******Expertise with multithreaded UI based on Swing UI libraries and UI extensions, Java FX, J2EE, J2SE, JDBC, JMS, SOAP, JNI, Design Patterns******
o Strong understanding of batch processing of large data sets
o Strong understanding of Java multithreading concepts, best practices and experience in implementation of server side components
o Strong Oracle
o Ability to develop on Linux / Windows platforms
o Strong knowledge of various configuration/source code management tools (SVN, Git)
Preferred Skills, Education, Experience:
o Strong knowledge of complex Options, Futures, Order Matching and Routing principles
o Spring, Hibernate, EJB
o TIBCO / AMX
o Experience in the financial/brokerage industry