This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
Optimal Solutions and Technologies
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION: Java Developer
LOCATION: Washington, DC
JOB ID: 1783
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
DESCRIPTION OF SPECIFIC DUTIES IN A TYPICAL WORKDAY FOR THIS POSITION:
* Responsible for the development, debugging, integrating and testing, of new and existing functionalities
* Develop, define and maintain database structures, elements and stored procedures
* Responsible for production support and deployment of software releases
* Create and maintain all SDLC related documentation
* Work closely with the technical lead and propose effective designs and solutions for new enhancements as well as optimizing existing code
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
* Strong analytical, problem solving and programming skills
* Experience using databases
* Strong knowledge of software development and design best practices to deliver high quality results
* Familiar with configuration management tools like SVN
* Experience with developing unit test cases for code developed
* Experience consuming webservices
* Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment
* Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software
* Strong written and communication skills
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related scientific or technical discipline.
* 8+ years of relevant experience
NICE TO HAVE:
* Familiar with Mobile technologies
* Experience in Agile Methodology
* Experience with iTextSharp
* Experience with WebFocus Business Intelligence tool
* Experience with System Administration
This is a full time position paying a base salary, full benefits, and has possible bonus potential based on merit and performance. To be considered for this position, please apply online with a cover letter and MS Word resume.
OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.