Java Developer with Node.js experience 8/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION: JAVA DEVELOPER WITH NODE.JS EXPERIENCE
LOCATION: WASHINGTON, DC
INTERVIEW PROCESS: PHONE THEN IN PERSON
LOCALS TO VA/MD/DC ONLY
FACE TO FACE INTERVIEW MUST
MUST HAVE , NODE.JS, AND WEB SERVICES
The client needs these developers to have strong communication skills and need to be somewhat personable.
The top skills are Agile, Node.JS, and Web Services. The nice to have here is Scala but is by no means a requirement. Communication will be key as this individual will be on an indefinite contract!
* You are proficient in Node.JS and have worked with open source SQL and NoSQL databases as well as REST/JSON APIs. You've worked with highly scalable products that involve some, or all of the following components: ecommerce, fault-tolerance, high availability, and distributed microservices.
* You have 3-7 years of relevant experience and/or a bachelor's degree in Computer Science. You are looking to get in on the ground floor of a well-funded startup with a proven leadership team. Prior startup experience is a huge plus!
* You have a deep respect for the challenges associated with operating a large-scale system in product, and your designs and implementations reflect that understanding. You love sleeping soundly knowing that your infrastructure has been designed and implemented to be scalable and robust with the entire engineering team involved in DevOps. You've been woken up in the middle of the night when it hasn't been that way.
* You know the modern tech stack from the network up and are incredibly grateful that you can programmatically control all of it thanks to AWS, Azure, and Google.
* You seek out cutting edge technologies and can rattle of your favorite blogs, SMEs, meetups, subreddits and/or GitHub accounts.
* You enjoy creating unconventional solutions to the most challenging requirements.
* You understand that great Engineering teams are built upon relationships, just as much as they are built on awesome code.
ABOUT THE GIG:
* Work directly with our President and Engineering Team Leadership to design, implement, and deploy critical softwaresystems that will turn business travel from mundane to magical. The critical path to success is to write code that can access multiple APIs in parallel with extremely low latency and store them in a massive data cluster. And do that a few billion times a day.
* Work in a small, close knit team with Product, UX, and business experts to participate in feature design and create the next generation of business travel.
ABOUT OUR TECH STACK: We are beyond passionate about using cutting-edge technologies. We've developed a serverless web app using Lambda & S3 to power React and Meteor. Functional programming isn't just a phrase--we leverage Scala/Akka actors & Node micro services, dynamically scaling this infrastructure with Docker. To tie it all together, we are diving deep into machine learning with Apache Spark as we create the world's most first flexibility engine.