Java Engineer - Cloud
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 1/9/2017
Palo Alto, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs an engineer at Venafi, you will be exposed to and leveraging distributed systems frameworks and libraries to build secure, reliable, maintainable, and scalable code. You have broad architectural knowledge of our TrustNet reputation service and passion for never ending improvement. You will be responsible for not only end-to-end design and development of our service, but also its operability and production environment.
* You re obsessed with creating scalable applications using Java
* You take pride in the quality and thoughtfulness of your code, which is modular, flexible, well designed and documented
* Peer code reviews are your preferred way to collaborate and learn the system
* You proactively seek out and help us minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base
* You stay abreast of the latest technologies and share what you learn with others
* You are not afraid of failing while experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and tools
* You are fascinated by other cultures and interested building strong relationships with team members across the globe
* You have experience with automation frameworks (building, maintaining, utilizing).
* 5+ years of commercial industry experience working on complex back-end distributed systems
* 5+ years of professional coding experience with Java
* Strong analytical skills
* BS CS or equivalent qualitative degree
* Experience with multi-tiered architectures, distributed systems, high-availability systems
* PKI and Security Software
* Experience with SaaS and cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCE)
* Our development environment includes Apache Ignite, Spring Framework, Cassandra, Postgres. Prior experience with any of these is a plus
* Interested in security
* Experience with automation frameworks