Java Equity Derivatives Lead 8/24/2016
Open Systems technologies
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OUR CLIENT, A LEADING NATIONAL BANK, WANTS TO MOVE FRONT OFFICE PROJECTS TO BANGALORE, INDIA. The candidate must have worked in front office of investment banking in the US and be open to moving to India.
The candidate will get to work on greenfield projects and own deliveries. The role will be to help build and deliver next generation derivatives real-time and scenario risk & pricing.
Candidate needs to be hands-on Java technical lead and have prior experience of building derivatives risk / pricing server side applications.
* Design and Build new applications, including all aspects of SDLC, following an agile development model.
* Lead a team of 3-4 senior developers and a few QA resources.
* Work closely with the functional leads in setting the direction for the India team and in keeping track of status of various efforts.
* 10+ years of IT experience
* 5+ years of experience in Derivatives Technology and Pricing/Risk Management systems for derivative products
* Very strong Core Java (Collections, Concurrency etc.)
* Strong background in core concepts including design patterns, data structures and algorithms (familiarity with graph such as DAG and Bitemporal database will be very useful)
* Experience of enterprise messaging (Solace for e.g.), caching (Gemfire, Hazelcast or Oracle Coherence Cache) and grid engines (DataSynapse or IBM Symphony) will be useful
* Experience with Databases and SQL
* Familiarity with Scala will help
* Strong communication skills
* BigData/NoSQL experience a plus
* Experience of building and leading a high-performance team
* Preferably Engineering or Masters degree from an institute of good reputation.