Java Fullstack Developer 8/16/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Location: Union square, NYC.
TO QUALIFY, CANDIDATES MUST HAVE:
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems Management, Accounting, Finance or a related field.
* A minimum of 2 years of post-bachelor's work experience (or 1 year for Master's degree); at least one (1) year of which must be relevant work experience at a financial services company or comparable experience working as a consultant in a professional services firm delivering advisory services
* Demonstrated executive presence and strong communications, facilitation and presentation skills
* Experience on projects developing detailed, compelling and analytical PowerPoint / Excel / Word / Visio deliverables to various stakeholders
* Demonstrated project/program management skills in a cross-functional coordination role
* Ability to conduct and lead project work, informing leadership of project status and managing staff performance.
* Excellent team collaboration and teaming skills
* Broad knowledge of the IT function and how IT enables the business through effective strategic planning, governance and management discipline
* Ability to quickly assimilate to new knowledge and to remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge.
* Demonstrated ability to understand business requirements and non-functional requirements and propose application architecture.
* Ability to identify technology standardization opportunities, specify options, weigh implementation complexities and risks to make the right technical decision.
* Experience developing systems in MVC or MVVM architecture.
* Good fundamental understanding of Object Oriented Programming.
* Experience with one of the following programming languages (C#, Java, Python, Ruby).
* Experience guiding, designing and assisting in implementing Service Oriented Architecture.
* Experience in producing application architecture diagrams and application interaction diagrams
THE CANDIDATE MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE IN 3 OF THE FOLLOWING TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
* Architecture Strategy
* Enterprise Architecture Maturity Assessment
* Technology Architecture Design
* Architecture Model Development
* Technology Deep Dive
* Technology Stack Analysis and Vendor Selection
* Technology Incubation and Proof of Concepts
* Architecture Audit & Compliance
THE FOLLOWING ARE PREFERRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
* A Master's degree
* Experience working in the financial services industry
* Experience in the professional services industry
* Speaking at industry conferences, round tables, and other public forums
* Authoring articles and white papers
* Experience working with IT leadership (e.g., CIO, IT Director) and business leadership (e.g., CFO, COO, BU leader, etc.) to help shape and guide the IT strategic and improvement agenda
* Demonstrated capability to drive sales and bring a network of client relationships to the firm
* Ability to apply a thorough understanding of complex information systems and technology organizations.
* Experience with at least one Cloud Based Platform (Cloud Foundry, Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure).
* Relevant industry certification (e.g., TOGAF, AWS Cloud Certified, Pivotal Certified, CISSP, etc.).
* Design and implement APIs, deep understanding of REST, SOAP, HTTP, UDP etc.
* Experience working in Middleware products such as TIBCO, MuleSoft, IBM Message Broker, etc.
* Experience with relational database system (e.g., MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle).
* Experience with open data systems (e.g., MongoDB, CassandraDB, CouchDB, Redis).
* Familiarity with design patterns (e.g., Cloud, Integration, Presentation).
* Experience implementing security such as OAuth, SAML, Single Sign On, Mobile Device Management, etc.
* Experience developing schemas (e.g., XSD, JSON, AVRO, etc.) and related data structures.
* Experience with source control (e.g., GIT, MAVEN, VSS, Team Foundation).
* Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment.
* Experience in DevOps.
* Experience working with IT leadership (e.g., CIO, IT Director) and business leadership (e.g., CFO, COO, BU leader, etc.) to help shape and guide the IT strategic and improvement agenda.