Java / J2EE Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
TEKsystems Global Services
Little Rock, AR
JOB DESCRIPTIONTEKSYSTEMS GLOBAL SERVICES provides consulting services, project-based services and outsourcing services in Applications, Infrastructure and Training and Education. Global Services delivers quality IT outcomes and results while leveraging a large network of experienced IT professionals through our well-established Staffing organization.
We have an immediate need for a _JAVA/J2EE ARCHITECT_ to join our Global Services team. This is a full-time benefited permanent position with our Global Services team. The Java/J2EE Architect will be required to travel60% and can be based in any major USA city.
The Architect will be responsible for developing, building and presenting Java/J2EE solutions as well as the delivery of the solution. While this is an architect level opportunity, our Architects must have outstanding communication skills, customer facing skills and are expected to be able to be hands-on, code, lead teams and mentor others.
_JAVA/J2EE TECHNICAL ARCHITECT_
The Java/J2EE Architect will be involved in identifying leading edge Open Source solutions/frameworks that align to company's strategic initiatives. The solutions and frameworks includes but not limited to enabling business agility via Continuous Integration and Deployment, DevOps, Mobility Application frameworks, Rich Internet Applications and Microservices architectures. As an Architect you will be responsible for being the technical lead on a product or key product component(s). You will be responsible for gathering requirements, designing and implementing the product/component, providing estimates, overseeing the development, and deploying and monitoring the application in production. You will work closely with the enterprise architects and product architects.
* Creating designs for features and major enhancements.
* Providing development estimates of the new features and enhancements.
* Performing as the "lead developer" on the product/component team(s) and mentoring new developers
* Understanding the business needs and drivers for the product/component(s) you manage
* Performing thorough code reviews of all code
* Taking accountability for the performance and reliability of your product/component(s)
* Making sure that all code is well-written, well-documented, and well-tested
* Practice Scrum and all its ceremonies (planning meetings, demos and retrospective meetings). Everyone is given an opportunity to be a Scrum Master.
* Create, innovate and conduct "brown-bag" technical sessions
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering (any), or 6-8years of Javaarchitect and development experience.
* Experience installing, configuring and tuning Java application servers; knowledge of Ergonomics, Garbage Collector and heap settings is a plus
* Experience on an Agile team
* Experience with J2EE design and implementation, Spring Core (Dependency Injection, AOP, JDBC)
* Experience with Spring MVC, JUnit, Mockito, EhCache, JSPs, Servlet, Apache, Tomcat, SOAP, Rest, JSON, DWR, XML, SQL
* Experience with Linux or similar platforms
* Experience with industry standard design patterns Gang of Four (GOF)
* Experience with J2EE, Enterprise Integration Architecture
* Experience with Web Services (REST/WSDL/SOAP, etc.)
* Experience with running Tomcat and Apache in a clustered production environment
* Experience with the MySQL and other relational databases
* Experience with Spring and Hibernate/JPA
* Experience writing unit tests with JUnit or TestNG
* Knowledge of Groovy, Ruby, Scala or Python is a plus
* Working knowledge of Spring, Hibernate, AngularJS, Groovy/Grails and other Open Source frameworks
* Working knowledge of J2EE, Jenkins, Eclipse, Apache Ivy, Apache Ant