Java / J2EE Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONContract - 12 months Day Rate - Circa $120 per hour
Start date- ASAP
We have an immediate need for a Senior Java/J2EE Developer to join a reputable Tech company in Manhattan. This is a contract role which is due to start immediately.
You will be working on a 12 months' green field project responsible for developing, building and presenting Java/J2EE solutions whilst working with a number of other experienced contract developers to deliver the final product.
SENIOR JAVA/J2EE DEVELOPER
You will be involved in identifying leading edge Open Source solutions/frameworks that align to company's strategic initiatives. The solutions and frameworks includes but not limited to enabling business agility via Continuous Integration and Deployment, DevOps, Mobility Application frameworks, Rich Internet Applications and Microservices architectures. You will be responsible for being the technical lead on a product or key product component(s). You will be responsible for gathering requirements, designing and implementing the product/component, providing estimates, overseeing the development, and deploying and monitoring the application in production.
* Creating designs for features and major enhancements.
* Providing development estimates of the new features and enhancements.
* Performing as the "lead developer" on the product/component team(s) and mentoring new developers
* Understanding the business needs and drivers for the product/component(s) you manage
* Performing thorough code reviews of all code
* Taking accountability for the performance and reliability of your product/component(s)
* Making sure that all code is well-written, well-documented, and well-tested
* Create, innovate and conduct "brown-bag" technical sessions
Working knowledge of J2EE, Jenkins, Eclipse, Apache Ivy, Apache Ant
Experience in an environment which uses Scrum/ Agile methodologies.
Experience with J2EE design and implementation, Spring Core (Dependency Injection, AOP, JDBC)
Experience with Spring MVC, JUnit, Mockito, EhCache, JSPs, Servlet, Apache, Tomcat, SOAP, Rest, JSON, DWR, XML, SQL
Experience with Linux or similar platforms
Experience with J2EE, Enterprise Integration Architecture
Experience with Web Services (REST/WSDL/SOAP, etc.)
Operational experience with SQL Data bases
Spring and Hibernate/JPA would be ad
Experience writing unit tests with JUnit or TestNG
Knowledge of Groovy, Ruby, Scala or Python is a plus
Working knowledge of Spring, Hibernate, AngularJS, Groovy/Grails and other Open Source frameworks