Java/.NET Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
StanCorp Financial Group, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
IT at The Standard
When you work at The Standard, you are part of a company that provides customers financial well-being and peace of mind. As a member of our IT team, you work side by side with the business, pursuing strategic opportunities for our company. It s an exciting time with new products, new distribution channels and new customer needs that are driving big investments in technology. At The Standard, we are large enough for big opportunities and small enough for big impact.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our thriving application engineering team for supporting our growing Retirement Plan & Individual Annuity business . This role requires a combination of good technical leadership skills, strong engineering mindset and solid application development experience with a wide range of technologies and programming languages. At the Standard we pride ourselves on delivering a great customer experience. Whether it is developing cutting edge applications on the cloud or modernizing our legacy technology your engineering skills will be used to develop best in class solutions. We are looking for individuals who can bring new ideas, new engineering methods to deliver agile solutions to our customers. Could this be you* If so apply today!
As an experienced software developer you will work with the business leaders and IT practitioners to design and implement software solutions. You will be a focal point and lead for other junior software engineers, leveraging your knowledge of engineering solutions to design, implement, test and deploy business applications that exceed our customer s expectations. You will influence our application development community to identify new technologies, methods, standards.
* Partner with business sponsors, software architects, engineers, analysts and IT management to lead design activities for new or enhanced IT solutions
* Conduct design reviews with business stakeholders and other IT disciplines
* Serve as the senior engineer for a team of developers and analysts, including offshore resources, to ensure development adheres to designs, development standards and best practices. Conduct code reviews.
* Collaborate with other IT disciplines, including Requirements Engineering, Data Analysis, Quality Assurance, and Project Management to review project plans, requirements documentation and test plans.
* Be the focal point person leading the effort for troubleshooting software engineering related issues in solutions
* Proactively identify and communicate risks and issues to management and create action plans to mitigate risks
* Work on strategic initiatives on technology selection, research and development and process improvement
The Preferred Candidate Will Have
* 6+ Years demonstrated experience designing software solutions using varied design and/or modeling techniques such as object models, class diagrams, component diagrams, sequence diagrams and tools such as UML, Visual Paradigm
* 4+ Years developing with core Java technologies OR C# .NET, C++
* 4+ Years experience with HTML, XML, SQL, PL/SQL and REST/SOAP-based web services
* 4+ Years experience developing to database designs and standards, including Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
* 3+ Years in a variety of software methodologies agile, scrum, waterfall, RUP
* An analytical and collaborative mindset that allows you to delve into technical issues both as an individual contributor and as part of a team to understand not only how something works, but why it works, and how it can be improved
* A demonstrable understanding of common security threats and mitigation strategies
* Effective communicator (written and verbal) and team player
* A bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related field and 5 years of experience as Software Engineer, or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Additional Qualifications That Add Value
* Experience with mainframe technology including JCL, VSAM, Cobol
* Experience with Microsoft SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
* Experience with FIS/Sungard Omni Suite of products
* Experience with technology roadmap development and project management principle/concept
* Understanding of the financial services industry, specifically retirement planning and/or individual annuity
* A history of successfully bringing innovative solutions to complex problems
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc., StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc. and StanCorp Mortgage Investors, LLC, marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, please visit the URL: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf,