Java / Scala Developer
Responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Global Markets environment. Softwaredevelopers design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as support activities for the corporate systems architecture. Employees work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications. Employees are expected to have in-depth capital markets product knowledge, and manage a high level of risk. Employees typically have in-depth knowledge of development tools and languages. Is clearly recognized as a content expert by peers. Individual contributor role. Typically requires 5-7 years of applicable experience. This job code is only to be used for associates supporting Global Markets.
We are building a new strategic reference data platform for client, account and instrument data. Platforms initial rollouts have been extremely successful and we are looking to expand and extend. We need top-tier engineers who have a strong and successful track record of solving hard problems and out of the box thinking. We work in a dynamic environment and expect new joiners to be flexible, self-sufficient and learn our business, our data and our technology stack with minimal supervision. They will lead the push for horizontally scalable, high performance applications, while facing off to senior business and tech partners across the organization. Prime role for strong, independent individual contributor, with huge growth potential.
-5+ years of Java, Python (or similar) programming, Scala is a big plus
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills and enjoys a collaborative environment
- Flexible, self-starter, fast-learner - willing and able to quickly learn new technologies and skills
- Experience with functional programming is a big plus
- Experience with graph technologies is a plus. Familiarity with Semantic Web (RDF) and Sparql is a plus
- Experience with distributed computing is a plus. Familiarity with Zookeeper/Storm/Spark/HDFS is a plus.
- Experience with search technologies is a plus. Familiarity with Lucene/Solr/ElasticSearch is a plus
- Experience with enhancing and maintaining mission-critical software in a fast-paced environment is a plus