Java Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
A SW engineer with strong Java and PostgresSQl skills will serve as a member of the NASA Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) Ground Project, data Products and Engineering Services (DPES) team supporting the development and maintenance of the Government Resource for Algorithm Verification, Independent Testing, and Evaluation (GRAVITE) system.
The activities for this work require a highly-qualified software engineer with strong database and programming expertise to support software development and maintenance tasks. The candidate must be have experience and skill in planning, and implementing work projects, closely coordinating technical efforts with other team members and with the customer to maintain alignment of required activities including developing solutions, collaborative development, progress and reporting
The work activities may include:
* Designing , developing and testing of Java based applications in an integrated development environment
* Developing and testing of databases PostgresSQL experience preferred
* Assisting the team with the management and performance of the large databases of observed and model-generated data for quality control, archival and efficient retrieval.
* Helping to optimize the application code for high performance on LINUX servers
* Helping to integrate the Java and PostgresSQL based applications in an integrated development environment
* As needed, preparing instructional document to help user installation and use of the software.
* B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent degree
* 5-7+ years of relevant experience.
* Experience in the Design of software application based on user requirements
* Experience in the integration, design and development of software system that are JAVA application that interact with large databases. PostgresSQL experience preferred
* Experience with Eclipse or Dimensions
* Experience with a version control systems, such as Subversion.
* Knowledge of Hibernate
* Must be able to effectively communicate technical information and work status accurately and reliable to project leads and managers.
* Must be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a security badge to enter and work in the applicable government facility.
SGT is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/m/f/disabled/veteran.