Java Software Engineer / SaaS Client Implementation 8/23/2016
Cambia Health Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
Java Software Engineer / SaaS Client Implementation
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
Play a key role in changing US healthcare by joining HealthSparq, a new startup within Cambia Health.
We re a team of entrepreneurs developing solutions that allow consumers to make smarter healthcare decisions based on data, social media and mobile technologies. We are looking for Java Developers who are passionate about creating quality software and contributing to the success of a company committed to the highest quality, game-changing products. Join us today!
If you can appreciate:
* An environment where everything you touch gets put into production.
* Interacting with customers to discuss their expectations and then exceeding them.
* Working with the latest tools and technologies including Big Data.
* Small SCRUM teams wherein your input has nothing to do with your title or rank but everything to do with your engineering chops.
* Short feedback loops with product owners.
You can look forward to:
* Working everyday to ensure our customers needs are met.
* Developing code in a collaborative environment with the latest open source tools.
* Working with a dynamic team to implement and deploy our SaaS client offering.
* Acting as a resource to test, design, and write code for production quality software.
* Keeping technically abreast of trends and advancements within area of specialization, incorporating these improvements where applicable.
* Providing technical direction and guidance to less senior staff.
The qualified Java Developer we seek will have 3 or more years of relevant work experience, including:
* Internet technologies and protocols (e.g. HTML, XML, TCP / IP, HTTP).
* RDBMS such as Oracle.
* OO principles and methodologies.
* Advanced programming environments and concepts highly desired (e.g. J2EE, multi-threaded programming, high availability design etc.).
* Test Driven Development and Simple Design.
* Modern Agile methodologies such as SCRUM, TDD and XP.
* Creating or being part of creating high availability large volume systems.
* Unit testing practices desired.
* Knowledge and experience with:
* Solid understanding of design patterns (Gang of Four)
* Exposure to Frameworks like Struts, Hibernate and Spring
* Code control system and build tools (Maven / Git)
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field and at least 3 years relevant experience in a multi-platform environment, including, but not limited to application development or database development or equivalent combination of education and experience.
In addition to the above we are looking for the following:
* Knowledge and experience with integrating with third party tools strongly desired.
* Knowledge of Amazon Web Services infrastructure strongly desired.
* Knowledge and experiences with hadoop, hive and similar map-reduce technologies for Big Data processing strongly desired.
This position is available at levels II or III DOE.
HealthSparq employees are part of the larger Cambia family of companies, which seeks to drive innovative health solutions. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
HealthSparq is all about helping people make smarter health care choices. How do we do it* By offering the most relevant, personalized and timely data possible and offering it to consumers when they need it. With over 70 health plan clients that reach over 72 million people, HealthSparq is uniquely positioned to help people make better sense of their health care.
Cambia Health Solutions is a nonprofit total health solutions company with community roots dating back to 1917. We advocate for transforming the health care system by making health care more affordable and accessible, increasing consumers engagement in their health care decisions, and offering a diverse range of products and services that promote the health and wellbeing of our members. Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access and free-standing health and wellness solutions.