Java Test Writer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Silver Spring, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONJAVA TEST WRITER
_Silver Springs, MD_
We are seeking a testing developer to work on a multifaceted system which provides web services, computation, and data storage/retrieval in support of National Weather Service decision support services (DSS). This position supports the Decision Support Branch (DSB) of the Meteorological Development Laboratory (MDL) of the Office of Science, Technology and Integration (STI) of the National Weather Service (NWS). The candidate is expected to work within the core work hours of 6 AM to 6 PM Monday through Friday.
* Develops Java unit tests and integration tests
* Writes functional tests for GUI interfaces and services
* Develops documentation on using testing interfaces
* Develops utility programs to create test data for ingest processes.
* Interacts with other testing personnel during software release cycle
* Documents problems detected using Redmine ticketing system
* Works in a continuous integration environment using Git, Maven, and Qooxdoo
* Provides ideas as part of the development team on software improvement
* Ability to be an interactive team player as part of a remotely distributed team
* Two years of JAVA Experience
* Excellent oral and written communications skills
* Ability to work independently on the analysis of programs in preparation for test design
* Java programming experience and ability to write Java utility programs, and unit/integration tests
* Ability to design and document functional tests for complex user interfaces
* Experience working with a continuous integration environment, including Git, Maven, and Redmine
* Familiarity with Linux environment
MUST BE A US CITIZEN OR GREEN CARD HOLDER ONLY AND ABLE TO PASS GOVERNMENT BACKGROUND CHECK TO OBTAIN PUBLIC TRUST CLEARANCE
ABOUT TECH USA:
_Tech USA is a comprehensive provider of staffing and workforce solutions throughout the Infrastructure and Information Technology Industries, including Education, Healthcare, Financial, Government, Engineering, and Cyber Security. We are actively seeking candidates for contract, contract-to-hire, project support and permanent placement jobs throughout the nation. View our website to see a list of our current open positions; however, not all of our positions are listed so don't forget to submit your resume and request a consultation with one of our IT recruiting specialists to explore your opportunities further._
_At Tech USA we understand that next to your family, your career is one of the most important aspects to a happy and fulfilling life. This is why we take the time to truly understand and get to know our candidates, so we can then pair them with the right job, not just any job. As a result, Tech USA is known throughout the industry for quality, reliability and the highest satisfaction from both our clients as well as the candidates that we represent. Contact a local Tech USA representative today and learn about the many opportunities we may have available for you. Tech USA is an equal opportunity employer._