This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY * Passionate about building great software?
* Experienced in developing Rich Internet Applications?
* Bursting with 'Can do' attitude?
If the answer is 'Yes! Yes! Yes!' we'd like to meet you.
Micro Focus has more than 30 years of expertise, employing over 4000 staff in over 100 global locations. The company does business with over 20,000 customers, including 91 of the Fortune Global 100 companies, and has annual revenues of approximately $1.5bn.
Micro Focus has been building great software for over three decades - and today the Software Delivery and Test division is adding staff to a team to that will build our next wave of innovative products. This new area of investment for Micro Focus needs someone with the right mix of deep technical knowledge, enthusiasm and vision.
Our office provides the modern and flexible work environment you'd expect from a cutting edge software company.
We're looking for someone with very strong RIA development skills; a person able to use their diverse experience across a wide range of technologies to help build the next generation of Borland applications. We work in a Scrum environment and strive to quickly turn vision into reality.
You will work with both front-end and back-end web developers to build all client-side logic. You will also be bridging the gap between the visual elements and the server-side infrastructure, taking an active role on both sides, and defining how the application looks and functions.
Required qualities and skills
The right person for this role has significant experience:
* Working in Rich Internet Application development
* Working with:
* MVC / MVVM
* Frameworks and toolkits.
* ExtJS, Jasmine, Jersey, JUnit
* Debugging using chrome devtools and firebug
* Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
* Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
* Effectively employing an extensive knowledge of REST, Java technologies and strong command of web standards.
* Operating as a key member of a high performing Agile team; Scrum desired
* Comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic team environment while effectively negotiating team priorities with external groups
The Attachmate Group Companies is an equal employment opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws in providing our employees and applicants with equal opportunity. Our decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are non-discriminatory. They are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, veteran status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, and citizenship, the presence of a physical, mental or sensory disability, marital status or any other status protected by law.