Job Fair - Hiring Order Selectors August 27th
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 4/17/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
UNFI IS NEW TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD AND WE ARE LOOKING FOR 2nd SHIFT ORDER SELECTORS TO JOIN OUR TEAM IN HOWELL NJ!
Apply online today and then join us for one of our two Job Fairs and learn more about what we have to offer!
Saturday August 27th
1:00pm - 6:00pm
1302 Campus Parkway
Wall Township, NJ
Experience is preferred but not required!
Responsible for having a strong understanding of the equipment he/she uses, pick locations, pallet building, productivity measures and safety procedures.
EEO / VETERANS / DISABLED
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
* Inspects assigned jack for safety issues
* Enters the proper information into the productivity measure
* Identifies the correct pick location and pick sequence in accordance to the order
* Picks the correct item and quantity, checking UPC s or item descriptions
* Places pick labels on the side of the cases
* Correctly identifies Master Case locations
* Identifies and immediately reports miss-located products
* Shrink wraps and labels with correct truck, stop and other required information
* Stages pallets in appropriate bay
* Listens for first and last call and obtains all out of stocks in a timely manner
* Keeps area clean and debris out of work area
* Immediately informs a foreman, supervisor or manager of any potential safety threats
* Obtains aisle-cleaning assignment
* Operates pallet jack/push cart in a safe and efficient manner
* Reports to supervisor or lead any violation of company policy
* Builds a stable and well cubed pallet
* Parks and recharges pallet jack in its appropriate spot at the end of your shift
* Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location
* Other duties as assigned
* Selector functions are completed in accordance with Company standards and procedures including quality standards and safety regulations
* Effective communication and coordination exist with Company personnel and with management. Assistance and support are provided as needed
* Deadlines are met.
* High School Diploma/GED
* Understanding of Safety guidelines
* Strong knowledge of applicable Bakco functions and RF systems.
* Warehouse/Operations preferred but not required
* Understanding of WMS preferred but not required
* System implementation experience is preferred
* Ability to select at established minimum rate for department
* Astute, close attention to detail
* Understand and properly follow all selecting procedures and verbal instructions in your respective area: grocery, repack, cooler/freezer.
* Possess an understanding of procedures in other areas of the warehouse for a more global understanding of all processes
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.