Journeyman Diesel Technician (Req #16-351)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
North Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY VEGAS: JOURNEYMAN DIESEL TECHNICIAN
LOCATION: 4150 Donovan Way, North Las Vegas, NV 89030
TO APPLY: VISIT OUR CAREERS PAGE AT (www.tecequipment.com/about-us/careers/) AND FOLLOW THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS.
TEC Equipment, the west s premier, multi-point, full-service, heavy-duty truck dealership is a growing company with over 1,160 employees in 25 locations in the West (Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, and California). We are seeking a Journeyman Diesel Technician for our Las Vegas, NV dealership.
We offer in-house advanced-training opportunities (we provide certification in-house for Volvo and Mack) and seek people who are customer-focused and demonstrate the ability to learn and apply new knowledge. At TEC Equipment, our people are our most important asset. We offer a family-oriented environment and competitive pay with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
* Health Insurance
* Life and Accident Insurance
* Disability Insurance
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* 401K Retirement Savings Plan with a Company Contribution
* Paid Time Off
* Educational Assistance
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
* Exhibit journeyman-level expertise while:
* Identifying and determining parts required for repair
* Reviewing repair orders, work order, and Service Advisor s notes and ensuring accuracy in all work
* Following warranty, safety, and branch standard operating guidelines
* Seeking opportunities for and notifying Service Advisor of repair add-ons.
* Adjust, replace, and repair all series of truck equipment at the journeyman level. This includes:
* Superior knowledge of diesel and gasoline engines
* Axles, brakes, electrical systems, and transmissions
* Body repair including metal and/or fiberglass/SMC panel repairs
* Road test vehicles when necessary.
* Follow all state and federal vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
* Consistently use all safety equipment necessary for the job.
* Maintain current knowledge of job and technical skills and truck manufacturer s repair process.
* Demonstrated ability to perform journeyman-level diagnostics and repairs
* At least five years progressively responsible practical experience in use of all tools of trade for medium and heavy-duty trucks (including but not limited to welding equipment, plasma cutters, drills, sanders, die-grinders, impact wrenches, and jacks).
* Ability to read, write, and communicate (speak and understand) in English
* Basic computer skills to input vehicle maintenance records
* Ability to lift up to 50lbs with or without assistance
* Minimum 18 years of age
* Valid driver s license and ability to obtain a CDL A or B
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check. Employment for positions that require driving are contingent upon passing MVR record check and being insurable by our auto insurance policy.
More about TEC Equipment
Founded in 1976 by David Thompson, TEC Equipment continues to be a family-owned and operated business and is committed to hiring the best talent that share our values Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, and Customer-focus. Learn more about our history and customer commitment by visiting www.tecequipment.com/about-us/our-history.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.