Journeyman Electrician - ReqCode 3037700
Integrated Electrical Services - Denver, COThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Integrated Electrical... Integrated Electrical Services
- Denver, CO
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- Mid-Career (2 - 15 years)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
IES is a $500M national provider of electrical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial and residential markets.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complex's to housing developments, our nearly 3,000 employees design, build and maintain the systems that empower lives.
Our commitment to our employees includes an industry leading benefit plan:
* Competitive pay
* Company paid time off
* Choice of medical plan options
* Dental and vision coverage
* Company paid life insurance
* Company paid short-term disability insurance
* Company sponsored apprentice programs
Work will consist of installation, alterations, additions and/or repairs of electrical systems, conductors and associated materials and equipment within the electrical construction industry. Proceeds with work from plans and specifications, supervising small crews, have knowledge of all electrical and major tools. Understands the scope of drawings, and demonstrated ability to supervise others in their work performance.
* Must possess CO Journeyman License and the skills to perform the responsibilities of a Journeyman Electrician.
* Must be able to work well with others.
* Supervise assigned job site employees to complete project.
* Must be self motivated and have the ability to motivate others to maintain the production of crew.
* Must be able to plan work.
* Must be responsible for materials, tools, and appropriate paperwork.
* Must be able to direct and work with other journeyman, apprentices, and helpers.
* Must have the ability to work and coordinate with other trades/general contractors/owners/engineers.
* Must be able to install all work effectively.
* Must demonstrate knowledge of all tools and equipment. Must be able to comprehend and read blue prints, drawing prints, and schematics of same.
* Must be able to comprehend, read and interpret instructional manuals, specifications, work site directions, and written instructions.
* Must be able to trouble shoot all electric systems.
* Must be able to monitor progress of work.
* Must have working knowledge of NEC and posses current copy of NEC handbook.
* Must be able to positively identify colors of wires.
* Must be able to bend conduit by hand with benders.
* Must be able to use all power tools, saws, threaders, wire tuggers, hydraulic benders, and knockout punches.
* Must be capable of digging trenches, either by use of hand tools or power equipment.
* Must practice and comprehend safe work procedures as outlined in employee handbooks and safety policies and procedures and Hazcom policy.
* Work energized circuits and equipment as outlined in the safety policy and Hazcom policy.
* Must be able to operate two (2) handed tools-equipment (i.e. cable cutter hammer drills, compression tools, jack hammers).
* Must be able to operate company trucks with manual and automatic transmission in accordance with vehicle policy.
* Must be able to operate equipment, trenchers, back hoe, lift trucks in a safe manner.
* Must be able to operate and work from mechanical personnel lifts (electric or gas powered).
* Must be able to operate equipment in a safe manner.
* Maintain the company mission statement.
* Able to work inside and outside; all elements; in all types of weather conditions.
Must pass a Background and Drug screening.
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.