Jr Architectural Designer - Entertainment/Planning and Urban Design/Mixed Use
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONINTERMEDIATE ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER
Gensler s Los Angeles Entertainment/Planning and Urban Development and Mixed Use studio is an award-winning, international design practice committed to creating architecture that stimulates and inspires; an architecture that tells the story of place, of institutional and individual aspiration, and of synergy between the natural and built realms. We are currently considering candidates at a senior level with demonstrated, innovative design solutions for both immediate and future hiring needs.
* Collaborate on design projects, including programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, and design development
* Work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives
* Resolve complex technical and design issues
* Assist in managing client expectations, team communication, and consultant coordination
* Provide project team coordination for the finished plans, specifications, and material selections required for construction
* Participate in the construction administration of projects and review of submittals and finish samples
* Contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs
* 0-5 years of related architecture and design experience with a strong background designing multiple building typologies of varying scale
* Bachelor's degree in Architecture
* Retail centers industry experience strongly desired
* Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple projects in various stages of development
* Strong leadership, communication and relationship management skills
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Outstanding graphic presentation skills
* Revit skills are highly valued
* Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch Up and 3-D Studio Max preferred
* Auto CAD and Revit experience preferred
For consideration, please submit resume and relevant work samples.
SUBMITTALS MUST INCLUDE WORK SAMPLES FOR ANY CONSIDERATION.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.