Jr. Budget Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONROLE SUMMARY
* Analyze revenue and expense budget, forecasts and other financial data submitted by the Firm's various offices and administrative departments (e.g., technology, marketing, human resources), including preparation of various schedules relating to worldwide headcount, billing rates, collections, salaries, and operating expenses. Act as a liaison between the Finance department and the respective departments and offices submitting budget and forecast data.
* Produce various financial s for internal and external use, including monthly headcounting, monthly financial and statistical ing and adhoc analyses requested by Partners and Senior Management. Maintain the ProCube budgeting system (an OLAP based software) to facilitate the Finance department's ability to obtain financial information quickly and accurately.
* Develop, analyze, maintain, organize, and consolidate Firm level and individual assigned departments/offices budget and forecast data schedules relating to headcount, billing rates, collections, salary, and operating expenses. Assist Directors and Office Managers with the review and preparation of expense budgets and forecasts and ensure that the budget and forecast data submitted is reasonable and accurate. Respond to accounting/budgeting inquiries from individuals throughout the Firm, including office/finance managers and their local accounting staff, managers of departments in New York, and individuals throughout the Finance department.
* Prepare various monthly headcount schedules and reconcile information provided by Human
* Resources. Reconcile movement between various offices and Practice Groups via preparation of various roll forward s. Discuss and resolve differences with Human Resources.
* Proof (i.e., review) work prepared by others in the group, as necessary.
* Prepare monthly statistical and financial data variance analysis (e.g., budget vs. actual and forecast) and write "executive-ready" explanations for expense variances between actual, forecast and budgeted results. Gathering the necessary information requires communicating with offices in different time zones, being available for conference calls during their business hours, and being sensitive to their cultural differences.
* Prepare various adhoc analyses for management. Create financial models that employ a large number of variables and analyze results (e.g., new office pro-forma P&L's).
* Perform such other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time (e.g., short term rotations to other groups, assist with testing new systems, documenting processes.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
* Ability to analyze financial results to identify unusual trends and balances, and research such trends and balances.
* Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
* Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
* Ability to work independently and be proactive.
* Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Adobe, Word, and PowerPoint. Database/budgeting and general ledger system knowledge a plus.
* Basic knowledge of accounting principles.
* Capable of efficiently compiling, analyzing, and ing on data in an effective and professional manner.
* Fast learner, with the drive to learn and understand the nature of the Firm's business transactions in order to be able to identify unusual account variances and balances.
* Technology savvy, with the talent to quickly learn the Firm's budget system and general ledger
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
* Physical Activity/Other Miscellaneous
* The individual in this position must be a team player, with flexibility to work extended hours during budget season and at month-end, when there are significant time constraints related to analyzing variances and issuing financials.