Jr. Data Analyst and Programmer (Health Consulting) (3395)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
Logistics Management Institute
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Jr. Data Analyst and Programmer (Health Consulting)
Position is on the staff of a private, nonprofit government consulting firm located in McLean, VA. Work is sponsored by Federal Government departments and agencies, including the Department of Health and Human Services, and the Department of Defense. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) mandates new responsibilities on federal and state governments. The principal federal agencies charged with implementing ACA require operational, analytical support to carry out their new duties. This position will help provide that support.
PRINICPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful applicant will become part of an analytical team that supports health systems management projects. The primary client will be the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Support will include both data analysis and process improvement. That support includes understanding various large, complex data sets and performing analyses to answer specific questions about health benefits, cost sharing, enrollment, cost, payment, and risk adjustment. In addition, duties will include working closely with information systems team members in specifying and designing automated tools to help answer repeat questions quickly and accurately. Tasks will also include helping CMS establish processes to manage and oversee health plans, health care exchanges, and accountable care organizations. Training on CMS programs and data will be provided. Prior experience with healthcare data or organizations is not required, but is a plus. Other organizations supported may include the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
* Degrees in industrial or systems engineering, operations research, information engineering, health systems management, health policy and research, business management (with a quantitative focus) or related discipline.
* 0-5 years of experience
* Some programming/coding experience required.
* Experience with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) required. Other programs such as Python, R and SQL are a plus.
* Strong quantitative skills using databases and spreadsheets, flow charts, and advanced analysis tools.
* Superior communication skills, both written and oral.
* Perform research, using models to analyze relevant project issues and management processes, to analyze and evaluate a task under the direction of the project leader.
* Develop and/or use simple databases and spreadsheets; assist with data collection, data analysis, and research.
* Perform data quality and data assurance reviews; conduct data analyses using qualitative and quantitative methods, prepare summary displays to report analysis results and findings.
* Expert knowledge of Excel, Access and/or SAS.
* Understanding of federal healthcare programs, or an interest in healthcare is a plus.
SECURITY CLEARANCE STATEMENT:
Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. For this position, LMI will only consider applicants with current security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances. Please note that only U.S. Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
LMI is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities. LMI recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.
McLean, Virginia, United States
LMI is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities. LMI recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.