Jr Database Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 2/14/2017
Fort Bragg, NC
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Would you like to perform rewarding work while contributing to the success of an established, growing company* Pragmatics, Inc. seeks a Jr. Database Administrator in support of the United States Army Special Operations Command (USASOC) applications development environment.
* Secret (Interim Clearance Accepted)
* Create Windows Scheduled Tasks for running BAT files
* Create database views
* Design/create databases
* Create database creation scripts, database foreign keys and indexes
* Troubleshoot database performance using SQL Profiler
* Migrate data from one database to another using SQL import tools, Excel, Access, or by writing stored procedures
* Import/export data from/to CSV files using SQL import/export tool
* Troubleshoot application errors by examining data, tables, stored procedures, functions and queries
* Install SQL Server and Reporting Services
* Troubleshoot connection errors and report errors
* Create database connections for reports
* Install report models and reports into production
* Grant database permissions
* Perform server maintenance
* Experience installing and configuring SQL server 2008 or 2012
* Understanding of Relational database design
* Experience with Backup and Restore of databases
* Experience designing/creating T-SQL stored procedures and functions
* Security+ CE Certification required
* Experience creating ETL (Extract, Translate and Load) packages
* Experience with OLAP dimensional data modeling a plus
education and years of experience
* Bachelor s degree in IT curriculum and 0 to 2 years of experience
Join an established and reliable mid-tier government contractor with a reputation for excellence. For over 30 years, Pragmatics, Inc. has provided state-of-the-art technology services and solutions to the federal government. We provide software engineering, agile business intelligence and analytics, audiovisual and learning technologies, cybersecurity, systems engineering, independent verification and validation, IT service management, program management, and transportation solutions. Pragmatics has diverse contracts with both defense and civilian agencies. We have been externally appraised at SEI CMMI Level 5 and are ISO 9001, ISO/IEC 27001, and ISO/IEC 20000-1 certified.
Pragmatics strives to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction, as well as rewarding careers for our employees, who are hardworking, enthusiastic, and dedicated to superior performance. We encourage you to find out more about our company and our benefits at: www.pragmatics.com. Pragmatics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.