This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/17/2016
Global Experience Specialists, Inc.
Las Vegas, NV
GES is the premier global, full service provider for live events and our designers perform an important role in our business.
Junior Designer is an entry-level position within the Design department. The fundamental responsibility of a Junior Designer is to support the Design Team as prescribed by the Creative Director. Most project tasks will require collaboration with other designers.
Daily responsibilities include the execution of line drawings, detail drawings, and revisions to existing designs. The Junior Designer will work closely with Designers and Senior Designers. While in this position, our Junior Designers may build the skills and experience to move upward into a Designer position.
This position enables Junior Designer allows designers to develop strong design & project management skills that are essential in this important role in our GES design studios.
* Practice the disciplines of Smart Design
* Creativity & Innovation
* Partnership & Leadership
* Responsibility & Efficiency
* Support the generation of winning turnkey design solutions for GES accounts
* Collaborate with Creative Director and Designers to define the goals of each project
* Collaborate with GES business partners to establish design direction & intent
* Follow design SOPs
* Utilize Design Library, previous designs and other resources to meet project objectives
* Align design solutions with GES production & operational capabilities
* Complete project tasks in a timely manner that meets project schedules
* Communicate appropriate project information to internal GES partners
* Support & participate in daily department business activities such as department meetings, brainstorming sessions & account maintenance
* Demonstrate strong customer service skills with GES internal partners, clients, and vendors
* Utilize Design department software applications
* Promote & support GES Core Values & Operational Vision
* Solid design portfolio that demonstrates strong 3-dimensional & graphic capabilities and is presented in a creative & effective method
* Solid understanding of creative process from conception through production
* Industry design experience or in a related field is a plus
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Excellent personal presentation & communication skills
* 3D Modeling & Rendering software (preferably Autodesk products
* Adobe Creative software (Illustrator & Photoshop)
* Possess a passion for design.
* Excellent communication, creativity, problem solving and strategic thinking skills
* Ability to work collectively with other creative minds with proven experience in managing team based projects and initiatives in small and large projects from inception to project closeout.
* Ability to create solutions for various project scenarios
* Ability to operate under time constraints
* Excellent follow-up methodology.
* Ability to multi-task and work well in a high-level, high-profile environment. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
* Strong time management/prioritization skills.
To be considered, please submit your portfolio as well as your resume.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including vets and disability
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our workforce. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are a drug-free workplace, and where allowed by law, conditions offers of employment on satisfactory completion of a drug screen and passing of a background check.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or unable to access or use this application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact email@example.com for assistance.