Jr. Mid Software Engineer Java Hadoop Big Data DTRA Active Clearance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJr./Mid Software Engineer - Java/Hadoop/Big Data (DTRA - Active Clearance)Job ID:
Jr./Mid Software Engineer - Java/Hadoop/Big Data (DTRA - Active Clearance) REQ ID:
Reston, VA Job Description:
Harris Corp, is seeking a Jr./Mid level Software Engineer for a new task-order award supporting our DTRA customer on the C-WMD program, who will be supporting development and application of software and tools for large data analytics.This work supports a critical DTRA customer and mission set for developing large, structured and unstructured data access, search, and management applications. The successful candidate joins a development team applying Agile software engineering methods in a collaborative, multi-team environment to develop applications in response to the customers' requirements.The work spans other DTRA functional areas to include researchers, analysts, and end-users. The work includes requirements review, development and user stories; design, document, test, and modify current and new software development applications.Work will be performed at Reston government location.Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical degree and 3+ years of related software development and data systems experience.Former or current experience working with DTRA CXQ is highly desired, and candidates with DTRA CXQ experience will be given preference.* Work in a collaborative environment using Agile development methods to design, develop, and test software applications in response to customer requirements
* Design and code software as part of Agile development process cycles
* Perform validation and verification testing of coded softwareAdditional Preferred Qualifications:* Java, C++ with Hadoop, Mongo, and Big Data
* Developing code to meet dynamic specifications
* Agile/SCRUM Development
* ETL, Data Ingest and ABAC
* Linux (Ubuntu, RHEL, CentOS)
* Experience with UML or other design modeling techniques
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to work in a team environmentThis position requires the candidate to already possess an active Secret clearance and to maintain the clearance. An active TS is highly preferred, and ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI.Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Software Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - VA - Reston .