Jr. Modeling and Simulation Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: #3664
Title: Jr. Modeling and Simulation Engineer
Date Posted: 09/13/2016
Job Location: Lexington Massachusetts
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED
Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Security Clearance for access to classified information.
Odyssey Systems supports the Missile Defense Agency in the development, deployment, testing, and enhancement of the ballistic missile defense system. This system is currently being developed to defend the United States, deployed forces, and allies from ballistic missile attacks.
Odyssey Systems performs detailed system and component engineering, flight and ground test analysis, and advanced capability development in collaboration with the contractors and government program offices that are building the missile defense elements and components.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Odyssey Systems is in need for a Jr. Modeling and Simulation Engineer to support Missile Defense Agency (MDA)-sponsored programs, primarily Program 3214, Aegis BMD Technology Development. The Engineer will provide analytical and engineering supporting B3 for development of future Aegis BMD baselines and missiles.
Odyssey is adding new capabilities to Lincoln Laboratory Theater Engagement Assessment Model (LLTEAM), an Aegis BMD medium fidelity modeling and simulation tool. This task includes maintaining current LLTEAM code-base as well as implementing and testing new code and algorithms to support multi-tier and multi-ship engagements against a raid of threats. Task also includes writing, maturing, and optimizing prototype Matlab code and algorithms to ensure correct behavior and fast-execution for trade study evaluation.
* Educational requires minimum of BS or BA in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics, Astronomy, Mathematics, or equivalent.
* Candidate must be able to work in a dynamic environment with multidisciplinary team.
* Knowledge of MATLAB is required.
* Familiarity with stochastic processes, operations research and radar / optical system principles is a strong asset.
* Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain an active DoD Secret clearance
* 2+ years of relevant job, experience is preferred.
* Experience with Java/C/C++, Linux, cluster computing, best software practices, GIT, and unit testing is preferred.
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
* Location: Lexington, Ma
* Travel: Non-anticipated
* Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran.
Additional BenefitsTuition Assistance
Health care off-set
Short and Long Term Disability