Jr. Network Systems Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Jr. Network Systems EngineerJob ID:
Position:Jr. Network Systems Engineer Req ID:CN20162308-13718 Work Location:
Greenbelt, MDJob Description:Harris is the Prime Contractor on the Space Communication Network Services Contract; responsible for the Operations, Maintenance, Sustainment and Systems Engineering of SATCOM Systems for NASA. We are actively recruiting for a Jr. Network Systems Engineer to join our team in Greenbelt. The successful candidate will support new and existing NASA Space Network projects. The selected candidate will ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. The engineer will perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements allocation, and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications. This position requires expertise in all phases of System Engineering and Design Life Cycle:* Perform Requirements Analysis and Assessment
* Conduct Engineering Studies and Analysis
* Define Preliminary Concept of System and Architecture
* Develop Concept of Operations
* Write Requirements, Specifications, Design, ConOps, and Interface Control Documents
* Participate System Integration and TestingThis position involves the software system design and implementation for NASA Space Network communication system.Other responsibilities include:* Perform market research and technical assessment on COTS product or software system
* Perform Risk analysis and assessment
* Interface with customers and other projects
* Conduct reviews, technical meetings and milestone presentationRequired Experience:* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering and 0-2 years
* Software engineering experience in designing and implementing software systems
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Familiar with the general concept of RF communication systems and IP communication networks and protocols This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.Desired Skills:* Hands-on experience with software programming in Linux, Unix and Windows OS systems with C, C++, Java and commonly used scripting languages (Shell, Perl, Python)
* Familiar with IP protocols and digital communication protocols - can understand and write device drivers and codes using both UDP and TCP sockets
* Familiar with RF communication technology, system and equipment such as frequency convertor, analog-to-digital/digital-to-analog converter, modem, etc.
* Familiar with NASA Space Network communication system and TDRSEEO Statement:Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Systems Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - MD - Greenbelt .